Amazon app store

mrtaiko

Reaction score
Why is it necessary for the Amazon app store to run in the background? I constantly force stop the app as it draws down the battery. I cannot uninstall it as several apps I purchased from Amazon require the presence of the app.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is it necessary for the Amazon app store to run in the background? I constantly force stop the app as it draws down the battery. I cannot uninstall it as several apps I purchased from Amazon require the presence of the app.

Are you sure it's using battery when it not on screen? Go to Settings/Battery and see if it's listed on that chart. Normally apps that do not have focus, but are loaded in ram, are not actually running. They are simply loaded in Ram waiting to be used. Android does this so apps will start quicker.

Good luck.

OP
M

mrtaiko

Reaction score
Yes, the Amazon app is listed as running and using battery. Usage is about the same as what WiFi is using. Even after a force stop it will eventually restart on its own. Makes me regret having downloaded apps from Amazon.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
You probably won't find it listed in your battery stats, but should check in case something is wonky with the app. I use a task manager widget and have learned to not pay attention to the apps that are always loaded and ready to run but do not use any cpu or battery. I have verified this using my battery useage app. Amazon is one of them so I just leave it alone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, the Amazon app is listed as running and using battery. Usage is about the same as what WiFi is using. Even after a force stop it will eventually restart on its own. Makes me regret having downloaded apps from Amazon.

That's weird. I've never seen mine listed in the battery usage chart. You may want to uninstall and reinstall.

Good luck.

REMilk

Reaction score
I find that if there is a delay in downloading an app from the Amazon appstore or you encounter a problem with the Amazon Appstore, the Amazon Appstore continues to run in the background and does not stop until I reboot. I checked and it is running and using significant cycles, not just sitting there as many apps do.

OP
M

mrtaiko

Reaction score
Thank you for the tip. I will definitely give the reboot a try. Your description seems to fit as I did have a problem upgrading the Opera browser. It never did upgrade so I uninstalled it and downloaded it again from the Market. I did start to uninstall other apps and have grabbed them again from the Market.

Thanks to everyone else who replied also.