1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Amazon Android Appstore Now Live – Angry Birds Rio Is The First Free App

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by samiusmc, Mar 22, 2011.

1. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

Moments ago, after months of preparations and precisely on the rumored release date of March 22nd, the Amazon Android Appstore finally went live.

The appstore was up for about 30 minutes, but now Amazon pulled it down for an unknown reason. Let’s hope it comes back soon – stay tuned.

While the appstore is down, try downloading the app using this direct link to the appstore APK (I got it via an SMS from Amazon): http://amzn.to/getappstore. You should be able to log into your account, browse, and download apps this way.

You can filter apps by featured categories, such as Instant Trials, Bestsellers, Top Rated, New Releases, Free, and Deals, as well as conventional categories, such as Games, Music, News & Weather, etc.

[Updated] The Amazon Android Appstore Now Live – Angry Birds Rio Is The First Free App Of The Day [Download] | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

So how do we access Amazon app market? I went to amazon and couldn't find any mention anywhere of android apps
  3. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

The market is down. Was pulled shortly after release. I'm guessing something to do with the apple > amazon lawsuit with using the name "app store"

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

this is stupid....Apple sues because someone used the words "app store".....Microsoft sueing android device makers....this is just stupid.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  5. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

Yeah... welcome to the world

6. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

Just got in and downloaded Rio. Haven't played it yet, but have noticed it won't close unless I go into settings/manage apps and force close it. I also noticed now my other versions ( original and seasonal ) have commercials at the beginning before it loads.
  7. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I tried a couple levels and it was awesome.
  8. DroidTakeover

DroidTakeover New Member

Yeah each time I get the permissions page I tap install and it almost instantly says "application not installed". I emailed them... its such a glitchy store still. Hopefully gets resolved into the day.

Sent from my D2
  9. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

wierd....mine worked right away without a hitch....did you go on a computer and go to the site? There is some "1 click" stuff you have to do before you can dl the app.
  10. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

I saw that about the 1-click and finally figured out I needed to set up my account. I already was signed in there, but didn't have my payment info set up ( only purchased a couple things over the years ). I just submited a bug for them to look into about having to force close the game when I want to exit it.
  11. DroidTakeover

DroidTakeover New Member

Yeah i did that too, all from my phone. Its probly just a problem with the store since its so new but who knows.

sent from somewhere in nevada...
  12. Detonation

Detonation New Member

No problems downloading or installing on my Droid X. Used my PC to enable 1-click buying and then I was good to go.
  13. Fender890

Fender890 New Member

Feelings on Amazon Appstore

So how does everyone like the Amazon Appstore. I kinda like it. Seems to have a lot of Quality Apps, but is a little laggy.

I wonder how google feels about this.
  14. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

Google said somewhere that they welcome other markets. I havn't had a chance to try out the amazon appstore yet though.
  15. Fender890

Fender890 New Member

Ok cool. I like how amazon is giving a paid app away for free everyday.
  16. Fender890

Fender890 New Member

Here's the Link:

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

Just enter your phone number in the box on the right, and then they will send you a text with a download link.
  17. miller.kevan

miller.kevan New Member

Added bonus angry birds rio free today only. The catch is you have to have a amazon account and have all the 1click stuff set up. Which includes a cc number even though its free.

18. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I have it installed I like to use it for awhile before I give my opinions. But I do like the look initially.
  19. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Only used it for a minute so far, but it seems to be pretty nice. I'm a big fan of Amazon already though.

One MAJOR inconvenience though is that apps installed from the Android Market don't show up as "installed" in the Amazon store, and vise-versa. In other words, Amazon will allow you to purchase an app that you've already purchased through the Market. When you try to install though, it detects the duplicate and asks if you want to remove the existing installation and replace with the Amazon version. I think this will need to be sorted out in order to prevent people from accidentally paying for the same app multiple times.

I'm also curious to find out if Amazon has put any type of security in place to stop multiple people who share the same Amazon Prime membership (like my wife and I) from installing an app that has only been purchased once onto multiple devices
  20. Fender890

Fender890 New Member

All in all I really like what amazon has done here. Maybe this will push Google to revamp their Marketplace.
Search tags for this page

download angry bir 2.6.29.apk

wolfram alpha amazon appstore was uninstalled from your devi