Amazing Video of Android Activations Graphed Geographically & Chronologically

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;fqFpq9WXbJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqFpq9WXbJo&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Global Android Activations, Oct '08 - Jan '11[/video]

The above video truly showcases in a visual way the astonishing proliferation of Android across the U.S. and world! At certain points in the video it gives a countdown timer for the launch of some of the big 'flagship' Android smartphones, and you can see things really start to 'pop'. It's both beautiful and terrifying to behold; Beautiful, because of the colorful flourish expressed in the graphical depictions of Androids being born to their new respective families, but terrifying because it is slightly reminiscent of some deadly virus or zombie outbreak spreading across the globe. :D

Don't forget to watch it in HD 1080p mode and go full screen... well worth it.

Source: Android.net via Engadget

Last edited:

DroidCoug

Reaction score
I did a screenshot of Friday Nov 6, 2009 (Droid Release Day) dancedroid

19532-albums213-picture3015.jpg

Edit* Forgot to link it

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Products need good marketing and I think Android has done well with their marketing. After that, you need people using them, showing friends and having big launches. That too happened and now its exploding. I see a lot of Android phones in the wild these days as opposed to when the Droid came out. It was all iPhone everywhere. <3 my DroidX.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The effects in that video would make for an interesting live wallpaper!

moosez3

Reaction score
Products need good marketing and I think Android has done well with their marketing. After that, you need people using them, showing friends and having big launches. That too happened and now its exploding. I see a lot of Android phones in the wild these days as opposed to when the Droid came out. It was all iPhone everywhere. <3 my DroidX.

Exactly, the marketing was the key, to the OG's and the Droid Brand success. People used to be like, "Oh this phone is like an iPhone..." now they say, "This is a Droid phone..." whether it is a Samsung, EVO or whatever and people get it.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Sweet vid! I shared it with as many iPoop owners I know. :icon_ owned: