Amazing skins for droid - Gelaskins

shademar

Reaction score
I'll update when I get mine in, although I have no digital camera unfortunately...
(Except the droid. Go mirrorpics!)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Still no reply on my second round of q's. Since we were edging into a holiday, that's not a surprise.

However, re the button question: Some other vendors offering similar skins appear to print the icons for those buttons onto the skin where the buttons should be.

Perhaps GelaSkins does as well?

daddyd302

Reaction score
Still no reply on my second round of q's. Since we were edging into a holiday, that's not a surprise.

However, re the button question: Some other vendors offering similar skins appear to print the icons for those buttons onto the skin where the buttons should be.

Perhaps GelaSkins does as well?

I guess you should suggest it to GelaSkins. Since no one really has one yet, nobody will know if those buttons will glow or work or what. I'm gonna wait til someone has it, shows it off, and can test it out.

jenjen

Reaction score
These look pretty cool - there are a few designs I wouldn't mind. I'll be waiting to see what those of you who ordered them have to say!

Olivia

Reaction score
Dang I just ordered one with my own design the other day, and I used as my design blue stars against a black background. It looked really good in the preview but I did not know that they wear out after awhile. I wish I knew before I ordered.

Some of you might be interested in this site called http://www.i-wrapz.com . I bought one at a mall for my iphone, and it was beautiful skin plus it was thick so it had some protection to it. They also have the droid on their site, but for some reason you cannot see the images. I don't know why that is, I can see all the images for the other phones. They even show the price to buy for 19.99 but why would I buy something I could not see? Also I don't think you can make your own design, but check them out.

When I receive my gel skins order, I will post pics. I hope it looks as good as it did in the preview.

Slothead

Reaction score
Dang I just ordered one with my own design the other day, and I used as my design blue stars against a black background. It looked really good in the preview but I did not know that they wear out after awhile. I wish I knew before I ordered.

Some of you might be interested in this site called http://www.i-wrapz.com . I bought one at a mall for my iphone, and it was beautiful skin plus it was thick so it had some protection to it. They also have the droid on their site, but for some reason you cannot see the images. I don't know why that is, I can see all the images for the other phones. They even show the price to buy for 19.99 but why would I buy something I could not see? Also I don't think you can make your own design, but check them out.

When I receive my gel skins order, I will post pics. I hope it looks as good as it did in the preview.
I can't get your link to work. Maybe it's the same reason why you can't see the images.

daddyd302

Reaction score
I gave in and decided to order one. Here's a preview of what I ordered.

47254031.png

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ordered a silicone skin from Verizon and I couldn't get the darn thing to fit. And it was difficult to get the physical keyboard out so I returned it. Is there any kind of return policy with these gel skins that anyone knows about.

Firegrl

Reaction score
I was doing a little research this weekend and found some similar skins I think I might try instead. DecalGirl : Stylish Protection For Your Gadgets! is about the same thing, not as artsy, but I like the fact that the front 4 buttons are taken into account in the design. It looks like the sensors on the right side are too. And they are cheaper....

Guchi

Reaction score
I was doing a little research this weekend and found some similar skins I think I might try instead. DecalGirl : Stylish Protection For Your Gadgets! is about the same thing, not as artsy, but I like the fact that the front 4 buttons are taken into account in the design. It looks like the sensors on the right side are too. And they are cheaper....

those look pretty good! i like the burlwood

Guchi

Reaction score
i just ordered the burl wood! cant wait to get it

those look pretty good! i like the burlwood

sherylhs

Reaction score
Hi,
I ordered skins from www.uniqueskins.com. Very similar in concept. They were $24.59 out the door and you can either design your own or select from their backgrounds (this is what I did). I can tell you a couple of things about the Unique Skins...

*Yes, it fits in the docking station with it on.
*It was fairly easy to put on, no special goo or anything... just peel and stick. For the Droid it was in 14 pieces. It also had a clear cover for the screen but I took that off since it made the screen look 'fuzzy' to me.
*The soft buttons on the front are covered so you can't see which is which, but it does not seem to have effected their sensitivity at all.
*Sensor in the upper right hand corner is covered and definitely does effect the way it works. I was on the phone and the sensor can't sense that you are on the phone so the touchscreen doesn't turn off and I ended up hitting numeric keys with my check while I was on the phone. For me, this is a huge issue. I have emailed the company and hopefully they will have some type of remedy that will satify me.

Basically it looks pretty cool. But the sensor thing is an issue. Also, the way the skin fits, there is almost a sharpnes to the edges. It's not going to give you a papercut or anything, but it does feel different.

Sorry about the crappy webcam shots, but they should give you some idea of how these particular skins look.

Hope this is helpful.
~Sheryl

Edited to change the pictures.... however, they are still crappy. :D

Last edited: