Amazing skins for droid - Gelaskins

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow these are nice skins. a bit too artsy for my tastes though, great alternative for Invisible Shield though.

you can add your own artwork and have a custom gel skin made. there's a link on the site :)

I'm just waiting to see how the actual skin covers and looks on the phone.

NVash

Reaction score
I was going to grab one of these for my laptop awhile ago, they had a really nice skin for that. I didnt though, it was $30.

But this looks great. I currently have the black snap on case but its a pain in the neck to take off for battery pulls. I wouldnt mind buying some of these skins later on just to have something unique on my Droid. Still, Id like to see how they look in person.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Hmm, I like the designs. I would still want to put my clear plastic cover over the top though. Anyone actually have one yet?

They are pretty slick but I would like to see a real one, instead of the computer generated images of how they "should" look.

My gut tells me that they won't line up as perfect and neat.

If you just do a Google search on Gelaskins Reviews, you'll find that on other devices they do look that perfect! Assume they would for Droid as well.

But agree that I would love to see an actual photo of a few on some Droids. I wasn't able to find any when I searched this morning.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

HeroNova

Reaction score
These look really cool. If I didn't already pick up a ZAGGskin I would have grabbed one of these. I might still anyway, I like their designs better than ZAGG's

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow these are nice skins. a bit too artsy for my tastes though, great alternative for Invisible Shield though.

you can add your own artwork and have a custom gel skin made. there's a link on the site :)

I'm just waiting to see how the actual skin covers and looks on the phone.

hmmm didn't see that.

Yeah these images don't really help how it would look on the phone. If someone orders one of these please put up a pic of it.

Firegrl

Reaction score
And I got a reply about the Front skin covering the buttons below the display screen:

Hi (redacted)!
Thank you for your interest in GelaSkins! Our skins do cover the buttons, but this doesn't affect the sensitivity at all. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,

Solveig Carney
GelaSkins Customer Service
GelaSkins | Mobile Art
[email protected]
GelaSkins | What's the Skinny? (Read our Blog!)

Customize your Facebook page with GelaSkins Wallpapers! Wallpapers by GelaSkins | Facebook

That was kind of a crappy response. They cover up the buttons, but is the piece that does thin enough to show the light of the buttons? I don't think I would remember which button was which if I couldn't see them!

I really like these and are considering a purchase, but this covering up the buttons may make me change my mind. I guess that piece could be left off, but I think it would kill the look....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wanna see it on a phone, and if I can use my Exact-O to customize the parts it covers :)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
And I got a reply about the Front skin covering the buttons below the display screen:

Hi (redacted)!
Thank you for your interest in GelaSkins! Our skins do cover the buttons, but this doesn't affect the sensitivity at all. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,

Solveig Carney
GelaSkins | Mobile Art
[email protected]

Customize your Facebook page with GelaSkins Wallpapers! Wallpapers by GelaSkins | Facebook

That was kind of a crappy response. They cover up the buttons, but is the piece that does thin enough to show the light of the buttons? I don't think I would remember which button was which if I couldn't see them!

I really like these and are considering a purchase, but this covering up the buttons may make me change my mind. I guess that piece could be left off, but I think it would kill the look....

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to see the buttons. That was my thought as well.

But as Martin here on the forums said, an exacto knife might fix that problem.

Like everyone else here, I am dying to see an actual review of these with photos!

I had posted a few more questions to their CS (about sensors being covered and about wallpapers for Droid not being sized for easy download). In that query I also gave them a link here and let them know that there seems to be a lot of interest but that we also have a lot of questions and he may just want to answer q's right here in the thread. But I'll post whatever response I get to the other q's when I receive it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hi (redacted)!

Kind Regards,

Solveig Carney
GelaSkins | Mobile Art
[email protected]

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to see the buttons. That was my thought as well.

But as Martin here on the forums said, an exacto knife might fix that problem.

Like everyone else here, I am dying to see an actual review of these with photos!

I had posted a few more questions to their CS (about sensors being covered and about wallpapers for Droid not being sized for easy download). In that query I also gave them a link here and let them know that there seems to be a lot of interest but that we also have a lot of questions and he may just want to answer q's right here in the thread. But I'll post whatever response I get to the other q's when I receive it.
Thanks JessiesGirl. Keep us posted with any answers. I was gonna e-mail too but no sense in bombarding the site with e-mails when we all have the same questions :)

DriodDude

Reaction score
The wallpaper combining with the skin is genius. The skins are a little loud for my liking though. Does anyone actually use one? pics plz?

I'd like to know how thick it is too.
I don't really like how they cover up the four soft keys at the bottom though. I'm sure they still work but I wouldn't enjoy guessing where each one is. I could get used to it though.

$15 to make your own. I'm liking this.

Last edited:

shademar

Reaction score
I might try ordering one just for the rear cover and not mess with the front face. I like the minimalist flat black look of the screen as it is anyways. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine had one of these on the front of an old-school ipod (I recognize the art) and it looked great.

Droidster163

Reaction score
This would be great if it fits over the Seidio Case. Can anyone confirm this? It would definatly add some grip to the phone.

daddyd302

Reaction score
This is something I tried out when the Instinct came out. I ordered one for it, but I took it back and got the iphone 3G, so I never had a chance to use it. I also forgot to send it back for a refund too, lol. It seems like it's just a picture on a sticker you put on your phone and it's supposed to last a few months before it wears out.

It's nothing like invisible skin and it will only protect your phone from minor stuff, nothing major. That's what I get the feeling by looking and feeling on it. It will wear out in a few months, so you'll have to replace it. I might order one later, if I like anything i see. I know I can customize one too, but who knows.

Oh this is where I got mine the first time when the Instinct came out. I'm guessing they're both using the same technology.

Motorola Cell Phone Skins - Motorola V3 and Razr Cellular Phone Skins - Skin It