~*~Amazing New Lock Screen "Clear Lock"~*~

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just found this new lockscreen in the market and it's amazing!! It locks your phone but you can still see your live wallpapers/screen/active widgets!!!

There are lots of settings and it's a bit tricky AT FIRST. To unlock your phone you swipe down then right to left (make a cross). Initially it shows you instructions on the screen how to unlock. After you're familiar with it you can go to settings and uncheck the box "enable state toast". Voila! noone would ever have a clue how to unlock your phone.

WHILE your phone is locked hit the menu button to access all kinds of options.

There are 3 different modes:

clear (which shows whatever screen you were on last)

blurred (same as above except really blurry yuck)

opaque (just wallpaper not live and no widgets)

It also has an option to "enable shortcuts"

swipe left and it opens the dialer (awesome! no more multiple steps to dial a number)

swipe right and it opens your browser

Cons:

This looks like a very new app (500-1000 downloads) so of course the dev is going to need some feedback.

pressing the menu button allows you to unlock/disable lock. you can disable menu button in shortcuts but then it gives you the instructions on the screen which defeats the purpose of locking your phone so noone can unlock it but you.

widgets ARE active but not INTERACTIVE (ALTHOUGH you CAN access your running apps via the notification bar without unlocking your droid)

So far that's the only cons i see and i'm writing the dev next to address those.

All in all i think this lock screen is MUCH nicer looking and easier to manipulate than the stock lock screen.

Last edited:

bje1982

Reaction score
I just found this new lockscreen in the market and it's amazing!! It locks your phone but you can still see your live wallpapers/screen/active widgets!!!

There are lots of settings and it's a bit tricky AT FIRST. To unlock your phone you swipe down then right to left (make a cross). Initially it shows you instructions on the screen how to unlock. After you're familiar with it you can go to settings and uncheck the box "enable state toast". Voila! noone would ever have a clue how to unlock your phone.

WHILE your phone is locked hit the menu button to access all kinds of options.

There are 3 different modes:

clear (which shows whatever screen you were on last)

blurred (same as above except really blurry yuck)

opaque (just wallpaper not live and no widgets)

It also has an option to "enable shortcuts"

swipe left and it opens the dialer (awesome! no more multiple steps to dial a number)

swipe right and it opens your browser

Cons:

This looks like a very new app (500-1000 downloads) so of course the dev is going to need some feedback.

pressing the menu button allows you to unlock/disable lock. you can disable menu button in shortcuts but then it gives you the instructions on the screen which defeats the purpose of locking your phone so noone can unlock it but you.

widgets ARE active but not INTERACTIVE

So far that's the only cons i see and i'm writing the dev next to address those.

All in all i think this lock screen is MUCH nicer looking and easier to manipulate than the stock lock screen.

sounds pretty cool Im going to check it out

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tiggerx why would you say that? I'm really liking this clear lock..

BKS

Reaction score
Corinacakes,

Thanks for the share. I'm on my way to check out this app as I type....have you noticed any additional decline in battery life since installing this app?

Mob

Reaction score
Thank you for creating and blogging to my app's thread

Hello All,

I am the developer this the clear lock app. I would like to thank you for creating and blogging to my app's thread. I updated the app to address Corniacakes' concern about the instructions on how to disable the lock. Now the app will not give instructions on how to disable the lock if the user disable the "instruction toast" from the setting menu (the user needs to disable the instruction toasts before disabling the menu key).

Thanks again. Please keep the feedback coming. I know this app is a really good app in all aspects, idea and quality, but it is not getting the attention it deserves.

Regards,

Mo B.