Amazing 4G performance.............

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just for fun I installed the Speed Test app. Here are my results:

4g @ home: DL: 13954 bkps UL:14991 kbps
WIFI @ home (Comcast cable internet): DL: 10336 kbps UL:4105 kpbs
4g@work: DL: 20577 kbps UL: 5481 kbps

Some surprising numbers there. That UL speed on 4G at home is sick. And that DL speed on 4G at work is even more sick.

This is very impressive.

Oaklands

Reaction score
One thing about the upload speeds we get. It let's us know how my much our home and work internet providers are screwing us.

fauxreall

Reaction score
4g full bars. 27mbps up and 13mbps down
4g 3 bars. 13mbps and 3 mbps down
wifi at home less than 4g :/

One thing about the upload speeds we get. It let's us know how my much our home and work internet providers are screwing us.

lol seriously.

hiimjered

Reaction score
I was pretty happy. At home I got:

Wifi - 11.165 mbps
4g - 12.851 mbps

I only have a 10 mbps plan for my home internet, so I'm happy with those numbers, but it is kind of crazy that 4G would actually be higher. It is even better when I have a better signal.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I was pretty happy. At home I got:

Wifi - 11.165 mbps
4g - 12.851 mbps

I only have a 10 mbps plan for my home internet, so I'm happy with those numbers, but it is kind of crazy that 4G would actually be higher. It is even better when I have a better signal.

Wifi home 16.02mbs dl 8.54 up
4g low bars at home 5.42mbps dl 3.37mbps up

Test from work later

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

mastacox

Reaction score
I was blown away by the network performance in Las Vegas, I was getting something like 18Mbps down and 5 Mbps up pretty consistently. That's pretty much as fast as my cable internet at home- I blew through 800MB in a weekend just downloading audio books and watching Netflix haha...

Thing is Comcast doesn't blink if I pull down 200GB in a month at home... my guess is Verizon would squawk if I passed the 10GB mark even though I have a grandfathered-in "Unlimited" plan.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I was blown away by the network performance in Las Vegas, I was getting something like 18Mbps down and 5 Mbps up pretty consistently. That's pretty much as fast as my cable internet at home- I blew through 800MB in a weekend just downloading audio books and watching Netflix haha...

Thing is Comcast doesn't blink if I pull down 200GB in a month at home... my guess is Verizon would squawk if I passed the 10GB mark even though I have a grandfathered-in "Unlimited" plan.

I think we should all plan a data fest pick a week, and everyone all at the same time start on a Monday and use as much data as possible and meet back on a Sunday night to report data usage ...no wifi, extra tethering, downloads, YouTube etc winner gets a TBH moto programming cable or something we can use that's not real expensive ...get enough people we can stress test vzws network as well...yeah im babbling ..tired :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bigkhan

Reaction score
Comcast caps data usage also. You are only allowed 250GB per month. Once you hit your allowed amount they suspend your internet service until the start of your next billing cycle. They do give you a warning the first time you exceed your 250 and allow you to keep service. I got my warning about 2 years ago when they started there cap. At the time I averaged 300-500GB per month.

As far as verizon goes there are plenty of people on here using 20-30GB per month with no action against them. I am well over 10GB a month now.

It would be interesting to see how much data some people could suck up in your test week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
data.jpg

jrmdroid

Reaction score

wow!! Your not being data throttled?

My speed

Home Comcast: 25 mbps down / 6 mbps up

Home 4g: (constant 3 bars signal strength) 12 mbps down / 6 mbps up

Work 4g: (5 bars signal strength) 25 to 30 mbps down most of the time when I checked. I have gotten 34 mbps down multiple times / 13 mbps up I have gotten 18 mbps up a few times when I checked from a different area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jayb

Reaction score
No offense but your one of the reasons Verizon had to remove unlimited and ruin it for the rest of us :/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

They would of done it no matter what. Thats what big companies do they screw the little guy.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Really. I was thinking somethings wrong for me to get the high upload speeds on 4G. Seems the price I pay for home internet....all I'm paying for is download speeds.

50-60Mbps down, 10Mbps up. If 4G can give me almost the same upload speeds as my download.....I should be getting at least 30-40Mbps up from Comcast...

Comcast caps data usage also. You are only allowed 250GB per month. Once you hit your allowed amount they suspend your internet service until the start of your next billing cycle. They do give you a warning the first time you exceed your 250 and allow you to keep service. I got my warning about 2 years ago when they started there cap. At the time I averaged 300-500GB per month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I was shocked to find this out recently. I do not remember seeing that before.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Do any of you use the mobile hotspot

sent from my Droid RAZR. 1st android after almost 4 years with apple.