AM Radio App

pchakmak

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking a for a good AM radio app?? Is there one out there? Thanks.

Paul

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope. We have an fm radio tuner on our droid but it cannot be used yet. Best bet is try iheartradio and see if it has the station youre looking for.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow. I'm surprised. No AM radio capabilities.

How many cellphones have AM radio chips?

EDIT: did some research looks like AM needs a much larger antenna so really wouldnt work on a cell phone. I guess an old sony had it, but it didn't work so much.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. I'm surprised. No AM radio capabilities.

How many cellphones have AM radio chips?

EDIT: did some research looks like AM needs a much larger antenna so really wouldnt work on a cell phone. I guess an old sony had it, but it didn't work so much.

Yep, this is why your home stereo comes with a huge wound antenna for your AM radio, and your FM can simply be a 2 foot audio cable.

For the OP, you can likely find any program you want to listen to on iHeartRadio.

heliumfx

Reaction score
Just a side note, There is no proof that the droid has an FM tuner. The FM app is from the Milestone. I could be wrong but thats probably why they can't get it to work.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

SL-1200

Reaction score
^ if that article is accurate and this chip can transmit FM radio, it is quite possible that this is pretty much an FM modulator (if and once it is enabled and if an app can be made). That's sweet!!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
^ if that article is accurate and this chip can transmit FM radio, it is quite possible that this is pretty much an FM modulator (if and once it is enabled and if an app can be made). That's sweet!!

There is a group on alldroid making progress ont his. They have it responding, scanning for stations and just cant get it to output...hopefully soon!

SL-1200

Reaction score

There is a group on alldroid making progress ont his. They have it responding, scanning for stations and just cant get it to output...hopefully soon!

Nice! That would be pretty sick!

montlyfool

Reaction score
Cherry Rplayer

I use this player and it lists AM stations as well as FM stations all over the US and Earth. I get local as well as other cities.
Free and worth it !

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
Wow!!!! This is perfect. Great app. Already locked in my favs. Thanks a million!!!