Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I use TuneIn Radio PRO myself, not sure if they have AM though. It covers all sorts of categories and local stations.

Give iheartradio and Cherry Rplayer a try.

Natey2

Reaction score
My TuneIn Radio Pro has AM stations. But some of them are "Restricted by the Broadcaster".

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have no idea if it is always the case, but I haved noticed the "restricted" TuneIn stations are often iheart stations. Both have AM

roboblazer

Reaction score
Iheart radio is solid, but limited station selection. Tune in is fantastic. I also use one named chorus radio. The question I pose is, are you looking for a particular station you like or for new stations? If you have a station in mind that you know and like, and they stream to the web, I suggest checking their site to see if they associate themselves with a particular app. Sometimes you can tap into the stream from the site itself.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
No luck yet. I am trying to get 610 AM in Philly if anyone out there is in the Philly area. They have an FM feed that is delayed (football) so you can't be at the game and listening but the AM feed is live. Not that I really want to watch the embarassment that is my football team any longer but hey, you have to play the hand you're dealt!

spunker88

Reaction score
No luck yet. I am trying to get 610 AM in Philly if anyone out there is in the Philly area. They have an FM feed that is delayed (football) so you can't be at the game and listening but the AM feed is live. Not that I really want to watch the embarassment that is my football team any longer but hey, you have to play the hand you're dealt!

There is always going to be delay when listening on a stream due to the delays in upload time at the station and the buffer that it created when the stream is played. This is one of the limitations of streaming and digital itself. The only way for there to be no delay is to listen in analog meaning AM or FM unless the station has their audio feed delayed.

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Exactly why I am looking for an AM radio ap :) (not a streaming ap)

sarreq

Reaction score
i don't believe the D3 (or any other phone) has an AM tuner built in, which would be necessary for an AM app to work

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Well thanks all for trying to hook me up! Not a necessity by any means but would have been nice..

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Maybe try Motorola's FM radio app and listen to the 610 AM simulcast on FM 94.1 instead of streaming. Note, you need to plug in headphones or some kind of 3.5mm cord to get FM reception.

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
That's exactly my issue. 94.1 feed is delayed OTA as they sync it with the video feed so you can watch at home and listen to their station. Problem is, if you're at the game, the delay kills it but they also have a live feed with no delay on 610 AM. It's actually funny, if you're at the game, you watch the play and then once complete you hear "he drops back to pass" lol!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Oh so not only is the 94.1 internet feed delayed but it is delayed when you tune it in the old fashioned way, like in your car?

This site lists 610 under the sports section but I think it is delayed the same as 94.1: CBS Radio Player