Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

crwys

Reaction score
Lol I don't think anyone knows what is talking about.

Calling the Razr a fail is a troll comment.
Go troll a different less respectable forum. Thanks

TheEtherMan

Reaction score
He wasn't trolling. They did an unboxing video of a Razr and the screen was jacked up with serious flickering, irregular lines, and color problems. Hopefully a one in a million problem? We'll see. I may be leaning toward the Razr myself now.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/181574-unboxing-vid-gone-wrong.html

Lol I don't think anyone knows what is talking about.

Calling the Razr a fail is a troll comment.
Go troll a different less respectable forum. Thanks

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
"random reboots, slow updates, and random loss of signal. "

Lol what in the world are you talking about. Out of all the Motorola phones I have had and now on the Droid X I have never experienced these issues. Random reboots - yes, rarely, untill I flashed a new rom. Slow updates - I don't know what updates you are talking about. Random Loss of signal? LOL What?!

Just telling you what I've experienced with my devices. Also, if you noticed, I said newer devices. The Droid X is old. Look at the issues Bionic users are having. This is like my 4th Droid 3 too, the other 3 had gps issues. They would never lock on. Overall I like the Droid 3, but I think it could be better. It reboots on its own at least once a day. Moto is going to be slow to update compared to a Nexus. As for the random signal loss, all 4 of the devices have done that. You can just be sitting there and all of a sudden all of the bars are gone and there's like a circle with a line through it or something showing that I have no signal. Sometimes it'll even say no signal do you want to enable global mode. Eventually it comes back in and the signal is 4 bars again. An sometimes the data goes out, but that doesn't happen too often. It's still kind of annoying though. Up until now, I've had nothing but Motorola Droids. This is without me moving the phone at all.
Also, I don't believe I contradicted myself either, a person who doesn't do tweaking and customizing of their phone is an average user. There's nothing wrong with that and I believe I made that clear. I know no phone is bugless, but I would rather be on a phone that will get fixes and updates fast rather than having to wait.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Just telling you what I've experienced with my devices. Also, if you noticed, I said newer devices. The Droid X is old. Look at the issues Bionic users are having. This is like my 4th Droid 3 too, the other 3 had gps issues. They would never lock on. Overall I like the Droid 3, but I think it could be better. It reboots on its own at least once a day. Moto is going to be slow to update compared to a Nexus. As for the random signal loss, all 4 of the devices have done that. You can just be sitting there and all of a sudden all of the bars are gone and there's like a circle with a line through it or something showing that I have no signal. Sometimes it'll even say no signal do you want to enable global mode. Eventually it comes back in and the signal is 4 bars again. An sometimes the data goes out, but that doesn't happen too often. It's still kind of annoying though. Up until now, I've had nothing but Motorola Droids. This is without me moving the phone at all.
Also, I don't believe I contradicted myself either, a person who doesn't do tweaking and customizing of their phone is an average user. There's nothing wrong with that and I believe I made that clear. I know no phone is bugless, but I would rather be on a phone that will get fixes and updates fast rather than having to wait.

The chance of having three Droid 3's in a row with faulty GPS hardware seem very remote to me. People have reported that using an app like GPS Status, free from the market, to clear the GPS data will solve the problem.

I can't remember the last time my Droid 3 rebooted. I wonder what apps you have installed. One bug with the Droid 3--which may have been fixed after the update--involved saved WIFI connections if switching from another device. Have you tried deleting all of your saved WIFI connections?

Moto's update schedule can be a concern. The one phone that I know of that they really dropped the ball on was the Droid 2 Global. Eventually it got Gingerbread but it took a long time. Now with the Droid 3, it received an update soon after launch and I find it very stable. I don't know that Moto needs to rush out another update for it.

Are you in a poor signal area? Have you updated PRLs and turned on roaming?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The chance of having three Droid 3's in a row with faulty GPS hardware seem very remote to me. People have reported that using an app like GPS Status, free from the market, to clear the GPS data will solve the problem.

will try that next time I use gps ... today it gave some trouble I had to exit a few times before it locked... all the other times it was fine

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

I can't remember the last time my Droid 3 rebooted. I wonder what apps you have installed. One bug with the Droid 3--which may have been fixed after the update--involved saved WIFI connections if switching from another device. Have you tried deleting all of your saved WIFI connections?

Moto's update schedule can be a concern. The one phone that I know of that they really dropped the ball on was the Droid 2 Global. Eventually it got Gingerbread but it took a long time. Now with the Droid 3, it received an update soon after launch and I find it very stable. I don't know that Moto needs to rush out another update for it.

Are you in a poor signal area? Have you updated PRLs and turned on roaming?

Nope I haven't deleted all my Wifi connections but does that have any effect if you keep wifi off all the time? I've updated PRLs, turned on roaming, and signal in this area is great. An I even talked to kbman of teamblackhat about it. I put all the phones in programming mode and went to the GPS tab and it was completely blank showing the phones weren't getting any GPS signal at all. The odds aren't high but it did happen. Do you use your hardware keyboard a lot? When it reboots, it's usually when I'm using it.

Back on topic though, I'm just glad we all get a choice. The RAZR is good for some while the Nexus is good for others. I'm actually envious that you guys are finally about to get your hands on your devices. We don't even have a release date yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Nope I haven't deleted all my Wifi connections but does that have any effect if you keep wifi off all the time? I've updated PRLs, turned on roaming, and signal in this area is great. An I even talked to kbman of teamblackhat about it. I put all the phones in programming mode and went to the GPS tab and it was completely blank showing the phones weren't getting any GPS signal at all. The odds aren't high but it did happen. Do you use your hardware keyboard a lot? When it reboots, it's usually when I'm using it.

Back on topic though, I'm just glad we all get a choice. The RAZR is good for some while the Nexus is good for others. I'm actually envious that you guys are finally about to get your hands on your devices. We don't even have a release date yet.

Hm, I'm not sure. I commend you for you diligence in looking for solutions. There's so much that can go wrong with these complex devices. I do use the physical keyboard a lot. That makes me think that in your case perhaps one of the prongs that connects the battery to the phone may be bent. You might want to check that out as a few people have mentioned that problem. If so, use a needle or something to bend the pin back into shape. Perhaps delete any imported WIFI connections for the heck of it. Try another launcher such as ADW. Watch out for apps that you've installed that run on boot. Don't kill tasks. No antivirus.

Back on topic, more or less...

I'm quite happy with my Droid 3 and I think that Moto is capable of making great stuff and here's to hoping that the RAZR is great! ...and the Nexus too, and the iPhone 5, and Nokias, etc. I'm not trying to be blasphemous here. Competition is good for consumers and I'm not loyal to these companies. They seem to care very little about their customers. I'll be happy to jump ship to any phone/OS that gives me the most freedom and runs the best.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
fwiw, from the phandroid live q&a with verizon about the razr:

"
Mike:
If the device were to freeze, you can hold the power button and volume down for 10 seconds and the device will soft reset."

Don't know if that's new or not, but I don't think I've read the 10 second thing before... maybe I'm wrong.