Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

Felix 222

Reaction score
33fggic.jpg

I'm outta here! peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I love it how you make mindless accusations with out any proof at all.
Enjoy your HD, optimized OS with a great camera. But for all you know, that can be the Razr too. Not to mention optimized OS comes with rooting and roms.
Its not the RAZR. No HD screen. The pixels are still noticable on the RAZR. Camera is the same as the bionics. Has focusing problems and not so good low light performance.

crwys

Reaction score
Its not the RAZR. No HD screen. The pixels are still noticable on the RAZR. Camera is the same as the bionics. Has focusing problems and not so good low light performance.
This is why I say having proof is important.
Reviews here all match the same when they say "Camera shutter is faster than Bionic".
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/181172-razr-hands-review-store-11-7-a.html
B
B
But I guess what really matters is, if you don't like the camera don't get the phone then. I can still love this phone even if the camera is not as good as the Nexus.

Last edited:

lobo13

Reaction score
Why are you going off on the Razr when Pentile is also in the Nexus screen? This is a contradiction, just say that you love the Nexus and won't be swayed, it's your opinion. But phones apparently have a Pentile screen.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Why are you going off on the Razr when Pentile is also in the Nexus screen? This is a contradiction, just say that you love the Nexus and won't be swayed, it's your opinion. But phones apparently have a Pentile screen.

Pixels are visible on the Razr. This is not the case on the G-Nex.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Im not going to argue with you. I prefer the G-Nex's screen. I have read from several outlets that Razr screen is a subpar AMOLED. So while I obviously haven't had either phone in my hand, I'm basing my opinion off of research. If you honestly think the Razr's screen will be superior to the G-Nex's, just wait and look at them both when they're out and make the decision for yourself.

lobo13

Reaction score
Im not going to argue with you. I prefer the G-Nex's screen. I have read from several outlets that Razr screen is a subpar AMOLED. So while I obviously haven't had either phone in my hand, I'm basing my opinion off of research. If you honestly think the Razr's screen will be superior to the G-Nex's, just wait and look at them both when they're out and make the decision for yourself.
I don't need to. I don't mind either screen. All I'm saying is that can't blame Pentile screen when both have it. Not to mention I researched the phones as well and the Razr you can't notice it as much as say the Bionic. Plus, I don't like the Nexus regardless, the style of that phone looks too plain for me and no Gorilla Glass for G-Nexus which I do need.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think winner was referring to this:

Galaxy Nexus Screen: 316 PPI
Droid Razr Screen: 260 PPI

Higher PPI and a bigger screen? I'll take the G-Nex.

lobo13

Reaction score

Not sure how much of a difference 56 ppi is. I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p yet people say the 1080p is better. Phones are opinion based. Some people like different things for different phones. I don't think the Razr and Nexus are too different especially when Razr gets ICS.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't need to. I don't mind either screen. All I'm saying is that can't blame Pentile screen when both have it. Not to mention I researched the phones as well and the Razr you can't notice it as much as say the Bionic. Plus, I don't like the Nexus regardless, the style of that phone looks too plain for me and no Gorilla Glass for G-Nexus which I do need.

Nexus screen is hd. Razr is not. The higher ppi on the Nexus screen negates the penile effect seen in both the Razr and Bionic. The Nexus screen will be nearly indistinguishable from the retina on the iPhone. When you see it in person, side by side, you won't be able to deny that moto needs to step up their game in the display department.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Maybe I'm a little OCD about it (meaning I look too hard), but I can absolutely tell the difference in 1080P and 720P. It's a completely higher resolution! I do understand though that people all have different desires. That is what makes Android great!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patmw123

Not sure how much of a difference 56 ppi is. I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p yet people say the 1080p is better. Phones are opinion based. Some people like different things for different phones. I don't think the Razr and Nexus are too different especially when Razr gets ICS.

Oh boy. Ppi (pixels per inch) and hd resolutions (720p and 1080p) are not comparable. An extra 50 or so ppi makes a huge difference on screens these sizes. The Nexus has a bigger screen and a higher ppi, that should tell you something right there. But go on, enjoy your encrypted bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

lobo13

Reaction score
I honestly don't notice the difference. Some people don't notice it. I know that 1080p is higher but to me it isn't noticeable. Not to mention Gorilla glass which I really do need.
^Yes, seeing as how I've never unlocked any of my phones and don't care for that feature. Don't have to make this personal. Enjoy your non removable SD card.