Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

c0y0te

Reaction score
You don't seem to understand Business.

Verizon doesn't care which phone sells - they make money off the contracts.

They will sell a ton more RAZR's than Nexus's. So where do you think their priorities will lie in the future?

They clearly have put all of their advertising dollars into the RAZR not the Nexus.

The Nexus is a development phone. If you are into that then go buy it.

However don't for one minute believe that you really have anything special.

Yeah, I guess the number of customers who know how to manipulate the radio and kernel of their device doesn't matter to the business men at VZW.

View attachment 42126

It makes me wonder why they don't advertise root access.

S

SFGate

Out of curiosity, I went to the pre-order link that I saw on a Verizon ad. When I took one look at what Verizon is currently charging for their plans, I said to myself, "no way". ;)

McGyver777

Reaction score
Razer = Battery no remove....bad bad for Android, the "need to pull battery once a week to fix phone" OS.

HOPE it has a "real" off/reset switch if you can't do a battery pull!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

c0y0te

Reaction score
Razer = Battery no remove....bad bad for Android, the "need to pull battery once a week to fix phone" OS.

HOPE it has a "real" off/reset switch if you can't do a battery pull!

That only matters if you care about tweaking your firmware, which most Moto purchasers shouldn't be concerned with anyway.

bdub33

Reaction score
Is there a confirmed true reset button on this thing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen - we don't want to discourage discussion but we do have to keep our conversation respectful, this thread is open for discussion :wink-b:

Deron

Reaction score
The question really comes down to what is the PPI count. That will determine how crisp and clear text is displayed on both devices. I know that the Razr will have a 220PPi count but I have yet to come across a PPI count for the Nexus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

According to Wikipedia, the Droid Razr will have 256 ppi. The Galaxy Nexus is reported to have 316 ppi according to the same site. By comparison, a Droid X has only 228 ppi.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is what I have been saying this whole time.
If you read my post back on Page 9.
There are some facts that internally make a phone better than the other? Yes. But in this case with these two phones they are about the same. It depends on what you like and want more.

better internals don't necessarily mean a better phone either.... the only way to judge them while using them... which no one here has done so their opinion of what they think is better means very little.. to me at least

when ppl have them in their hands ill look forward to reviews even though most wont be very subjective

I remember the days of one great smartphone on this forum and everyone being a community... and being together... but now even though we all love android, everyone's against each other for whatever they think is the best phone.... wake up... they're phones... they all do the same crap

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
better internals don't necessarily mean a better phone either.... the only way to judge them while using them... which no one here has done so their opinion of what they think is better means very little.. to me at least

when ppl have them in their hands ill look forward to reviews even though most wont be very subjective

I remember the days of one great smartphone on this forum and everyone being a community... and being together... but now even though we all love android, everyone's against each other for whatever they think is the best phone.... wake up... they're phones... they all do the same crap

Thanks brother!! I firmly agree!!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Razr will have software specifically created to maximize batt life as well as gain access to your personal cloud and motoactive. Its a damn tough choice.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Razr will have software specifically created to maximize batt life as well as gain access to your personal cloud and motoactive. Its a damn tough choice.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
Its not really a personal cloud. It just accesses your home computer.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the galaxy nexus will be released? And if cosco will cover it for its insurance

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Does anyone know when the galaxy nexus will be released? And if cosco will cover it for its insurance

I've seen the 17th, the 24th and black Friday. Which is the 25th. Don't know about insurance at cosco.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yeah wel iv seen alot of dates to just wondering wich is the real one i saw at phone arena that the 21 was gna be the release date and i saw it the 17 in the uk