Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You forgot the
Fm3a4.png

See? Lol I love this pic brother!! Lol

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hey anyone know y my usb otg i just got wont work for my fascinate and i also got an mhl cable and it doesnt work either i got these cables for when the nexus comes out will it work with that phone?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I just deleted a post that wasn't on topic. So let's stay on topic and quit arguing. Thanks.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will have both...makes it simple..lol

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

c0y0te

Reaction score
What does better mean? A random consumer's subjective opinion or the objective reality of said devices' technical potentials?

In the former context there will be disagreement; in the latter there can be none.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
99% of consumers buy subjectively not objectively.

I expect the RAZR to outsell the Nexus by a wide margin.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
ITS.ALL.OPINIONS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

crwys

Reaction score
ITS.ALL.OPINIONS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

That is what I have been saying this whole time.
If you read my post back on Page 9.
There are some facts that internally make a phone better than the other? Yes. But in this case with these two phones they are about the same. It depends on what you like and want more.

c0y0te

Reaction score
99% of consumers buy subjectively not objectively.

I expect the RAZR to outsell the Nexus by a wide margin.

It is my opinion that you are absolutely correct and that VZW knows this and likes it that way. They don't want the most capable phones in the hands of the most people for obvious reasons, so it shouldn't surprise us that they market these phones the way they have, or that the people who listen to them have come to the conclusions that they are lead to believe. Let them eat cake.

I'm just glad that Verizon is finally throwing a bone to those of us who share similar opinions of what a bone should be. Granted, there could be some more meat on there, but beggars can't be choosers...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice way of slamming the RAZR and calling the Nexus the Bone.

I happened to think the "Bone" as you call it might have been sitting out too long.

It is my opinion that you are absolutely correct and that VZW knows this and likes it that way. They don't want the most capable phones in the hands of the most people for obvious reasons, so it shouldn't surprise us that they market these phones the way they have, or that the people who listen to them have come to the conclusions that they are lead to believe. Let them eat cake.

I'm just glad that Verizon is finally throwing a bone to those of us who share similar opinions of what a bone should be. Granted, there could be some more meat on there, but beggars can't be choosers...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Great, now that we have established that you two have different opinions, can we move on with the thread?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Go over to the bionic forum and check reception issues.

Thickness...lmao!!!!! With the bionic it was "my phone is great cause I can see the phone in direct sunlight" now it's "my phone is a millimeter thinner".

Well...this is a google phone. 720p. Ics...NOW, not in one, unknown amount of months.

Lol, I can't argue with your logic.

c0y0te

Reaction score
Nice way of slamming the RAZR and calling the Nexus the Bone.

I happened to think the "Bone" as you call it might have been sitting out too long.

Well, I think that "too long" in our eyes is "just in time" for their's. Like I said, they don't want to sell a lot of Bones; that would be contradictory to their goal of retaining control. After all, there aren't many of us who really understand what we are dealing with and it is to Verizon's advantage that they keep our numbers to a minimum.

However, they seem to understand (and Google may have aided in their enlightenment) that a small, yet significant minority of android users are willing and able to aid in the research and development of this platform - absolutely free of charge.

The stakes are high on both ends; consumer and provider. I think Verizon has done a statistically superb job, considering the average contract renewal period of OG Droid owners. Only the hard-core enthusiasts will hang in there until the Bone emerges - and they are the ones who provide the most valuable feedback. After two solid years of flashing roms, we know what time it is and how to tell it.

Without us, ICS wouldn't be what it is and Android would never become as good as it will be in the future.. Google explained it to Verizon and they did the math. Yeah, it's been hard to wait this long and it will hurt when a better device comes out shortly after I throw down, but they'll throw us another Bone before too long.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't seem to understand Business.

Verizon doesn't care which phone sells - they make money off the contracts.

They will sell a ton more RAZR's than Nexus's. So where do you think their priorities will lie in the future?

They clearly have put all of their advertising dollars into the RAZR not the Nexus.

The Nexus is a development phone. If you are into that then go buy it.

However don't for one minute believe that you really have anything special.