Am I the only one who likes Stock Brightness?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by myriad46, Dec 22, 2010.

1. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the new "brightness fixed" BB 0.61 home into a dark room and it's still too dim for me. I find myself turning the phone towards a light in the room to get it to kick up a notch and then I turn it back towards myself.

Am I the only one?

Can this somehow be an option, or can we get a stock brighness fix? Maybe it's my old eyes, but I don't know how you all see these dim screens.

2. Airbot

Airbot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is a bit too dim for me, yes. It could be an integrated as an option, seeing that some ROMS like LFY have an option in it to change the minimum brightness level. But that's up to the individual devs to implement it into their ROMS. Unless there's a fix or an app that can do it, somewhere.

3. trowa

trowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with brightness and I can't seem to fix. I have option turned on when it is hooked into power to not turn off the screen. Well after 30 sec of being plugged in and not used the screen dims to the lowest possible setting. How the heck can I make this brighter? This is fine if it is night time but during the day in my car dock with pandora on I won't be able to see the screen!

I am about to give up on BB and it is my favorite rom. I try to donate every time a new one is released. Please help Pete :(

4. Frik own a Stik

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to settings>display>brightness

Uncheck auto-brightness, and set your own level.

Worked for me.

5. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want auto-brightness. Darker in dark rooms, brighter in bright rooms. It's just too dim. I don't know whether people are trying to save battery life, or they have crazy good eyes. It just seems to always be a little too dark and sluggish to brighten up. I have to hold it towards a lamp in the room for 2 or 3 seconds go get it to respond.

Also in typing this comment on my Droid, I realize that I really don't like the GBread keyboard. Looks nice, works like ****e. I've had my Droid for over a year and I've never typed this slow and this inaccurately. Having the option would be nice.

6. floyd

floyd Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Stock brightness, imho, is better than Pete's. He must be a bush baby lemur nocturnal type chap. Great for battery, but just not practical for daily usage, no?

7. Airbot

Airbot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ask Pete if he would consider adding the option. Like I stated before, LFY has an option with the slider to set the minimum brightness level, with Auto still on. So it's possible to work it in there where the user could decide.

8. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is always no. Doesn't matter what the question is asking about. Forum posts don't need to be prefaced with this.

It's practical for me. YMMV, of course.

9. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 6.1 release is better for me but I also prefer stock. There is an end around with the old bb and other roms (Charity) by using the xultimate brighness patcher but it will not work with this rom.

10. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I looked at what Frik suggested, but I have auto-brightness unchecked and the level at the highest. I also have "stay awake" checked under development.

When I get to work I plug my phone in on a stand under my monitor to use as a desk clock (no actual dock or dock program, just the main screen), and to make sure I see my notifications.

It gets so dim, that you can't see it. I've noticed this on BB and UD. Never had the issue with LFY or SS.

Ideas?

11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Pete, can we PLEASE get this. It's just another of those small things in other ROMs that makes them more user-friendly. Your ROM is faster than what I was using but it's WAY to dark for my normal use and I prefer to have the auto-brightness. PLEASE PETE!!!!!!!