Am I the only one who has constant dropped calls?

ilvgsus42

Reaction score
So, I exchanged my D2 b/c I thought maybe it was a faulty phone causing me to drop calls/press speaker/mute/# keys, etc. during phone calls (when the phone is against my ear)...but this new one does the same thing. I've called & taken the phone into verizon several times and everyone says this isn't a "known issue". I've been told to take my earring out, make sure my hair is behind my ear, lock the phone w/ the lock key, change setting on phone, etc...all I've done many times and none help. The phone also does the "haptic feedback/vibrate" over and over like I'm pressing buttons while against my ear/face. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?? The screen goes black and when I pull away to look at phone, it lights up and I have to activate the "slider/unlock" mode...so i just don't get it.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The dropped calls is a known issue, there is a huge thread on the Verizon forums about reception problems.

I called Verizon to complain about it and the rep I spoke with said it appears more people that are in what were predominantly an Alltel area were having more problems, not just with the D2.

He blocked some type of signal having to do with Alltel, had me do another PRL update, and I have had significantly fewer dropped calls since then.

As far as hitting buttons with your face, the proximity sensor is supposed to take care of that for you, it appears it isn't engaging properly for you.
I suggest using a BT headset.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't you hear? The D2 has the same issue as the iPhone.:rofl3:

Sorry, I don't think there is any issue with reception on this phone above the regular issues that most phones may have from time to time. I have not had one call dropped.

danwanna

Reaction score
It looks like my signal is worse based on the number of bars that show, but I haven't had any cases of dropped calls with my D2.

jruether

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I can talk on it for days with no problems but then all of a sudden I make a call and it will drop 18 seconds into the call. I call back it will drop 5 seconds into call. I call back and it may go for 2 mins then drop again. Every time it drops I will stop hearing the person on the line then pull my phone away from my head and the signal is at zero bars and then it says call ended. Then magically the signal returns to 3 bars. But it seems to come in spurts. I have updated my roaming (*228) many times.

Also I have noticed them my 3G will drop and the only way to get it back is my rebooting the phone.

My phone has been rooted

chicasixburgh

Reaction score
I am having the same issues, but I don't think it's "dropped calls" i think I am some how actually disconnecting them...If I sit or stand COMPLETELY motionless, i can stay on a call indefinitely but if I move, the call disconnects.

I can't seem to figure out how to engage the lock button that everyone keeps talking about - doesn't seem to work for me either.

Is anyone out there having this issue?

leakim13

Reaction score
the call dropping just started for me today, i live in a full bar 100% awesome Verizon area.. this is getting annoying especially when taking a business call.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I have an occasional drop call but not anything out of the norm.

robtoledo23

Reaction score
From talking to Verizon support, they advised me that this is due to the fact that they are selling Alltel. If you migrated to Verizon from Alltel you need to get to Tech Support and have them update your PRL to "Hybrid Roaming" Apparently Verizon is not very strong in the Midwest market per their "Technical and Network Quality Technicians". When you dial *228 it puts you on the new roaming list which excludes Alltel towers. Once they set up "Hybrid Roaming" if you dial *228 again you will put yourself back in the same boat.

Hope this helps some. I had a trouble ticket open for two months before they figured this out.

Let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

robtoledo23

Reaction score
That being said, basically says if you originated from Verizon and have the issue, your screwed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App