am I the only one that uses the physical keyboard?

velocity92c

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people can so seamlessly switch from the droid to the incredible, or x. I cannot stand onscreen keyboards and the physical kb was one of the main reasons I bought this phone. Swype is nice and all but I can't type 70+wpm accurately on swype as I can on my physical kb. I returned my iphone 3 weeks into my contract because I couldn't use a touchscreen kb. I sure hope future models of the droid beyond the droid 2 come with physical kbs. Am I the only one that uses this thing?

J*Bishop

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people can so seamlessly switch from the droid to the incredible, or x. I cannot stand onscreen keyboards and the physical kb was one of the main reasons I bought this phone. Swype is nice and all but I can't type 70+wpm accurately on swype as I can on my physical kb. I returned my iphone 3 weeks into my contract because I couldn't use a touchscreen kb. I sure hope future models of the droid beyond the droid 2 come with physical kbs. Am I the only one that uses this thing?

you can seriously type 70+wpm using the droids physical keyboard?? :icon_eek: amazing.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Yes, but I can type 130 on a real keyboard, and I use my droid a LOT. lol

Joker

Reaction score
I can get use to the onscreen keyboard, but I still prefer the physical KB and was the main reason I decided to get the Droid. I can't type 70+wpm on either keyboard, but I do not usually needed to for either a txt message or an email. Hopefully there will be future options with physical keyboards, but if that ever completely goes away, I would still be ok with it.

glenn

Reaction score
I too do NOT like the glass keyboard and gotta have the qwerty keyboard. I came from Palm Treo 755P and BB Curve and found the Droid keyboard tough to use at first...then I discovered a trick. I let my thumb nails grow out a bit and can now type as good on the Droid as I did with either the Palm or BB ! The X is not for me for obvious reason, but maybe Droid 2 or better yet, Droid 3 way down the road. LOVE MY QWERTY KEYBOARD!

Josefius

Reaction score
I use my slide out keyboard, that is the main reason I got mine as well. I guess I missed my BB Curve. I only wish the keypad had that tactile feel the Blackberry has.

Last edited:

Sal R.

Reaction score
I use mine all the time for lengthy entries (email, gtalk).

For quick things like sms, search, etc. I use the soft kb.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
from what ive seen around this and other android forums is most people cant stand the slide out KB.

me personally i rarely use it... the only reason i use it is to get into recovery when flashing a rom so i only use 2 keys... the X button and the D-Pad. My next android phone will not have a keyboard

from the research i have done there are very few android phones planned to come out with a physical KB.... and the only ones that do have them are going to be low end android phones.

cromo8

Reaction score
for driving and at work physical keyboard when at home i use swype

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't text, but I mainly use Swype. I use the physical keyboard when I want to be precise, like with passwords. I miss my Voyager's keyboard; it had the numbers as separate buttons.

aldaudio

Reaction score
i used to use it all the time, but the glue wore out so now the cover is loose and its very hard to use. im not a fan of the on screen becaise mine seems to be laggy and i always hit wrong keys. the portrait keyboard ks absolutely god awful. it is not spaced nearly enough.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Relex

Reaction score
I used to hate the on screen keyboard and only use the physical keyboard but over a time I got pretty fast and like the onscreen keyboard. I still use the physical keyboard from time to time but not nearly as much as I used tool

iPirate

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard the most. The software keyboards are not as accurate I have tried everything.