Am I the only one that did this??? please say no

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously people... if you feel the need to take your cell EVERYWHERE like that you need some serious help, lol... Personally I get the h3ll away from mine whenever and WHEREVER I can.

+100 and AMEN! We are rapidly evolving to a world predicted in The President's Analyst, a great '60's film where James Coburn battled the evil "Phone Company" and their plan to implant communication chips in everyone's head to save "equipment costs."

E

EvilWays

Sucks man. There's a good thread on here about properly drying that involves alcohol, look it up, I think its a better alternative to rice. I dropped my old Treo in my reef tank and didn't notice for a few hours. The fish seemed to enjoy it as much as me so I pulled the battery out and left it in the tank... strange little artificial reef...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never dropped a phone into water, but ...

My wife had hers in her car and dropped it, it flew into the glass of water she had in the center colsole...

As for me, well, though never dropping, I had a few too much one Saturday with Family, and returning to the condo we went to the pool ...

Walked into the pool down the steps carrying my daughter, and once waist deep, my wife let me know I still had my NEW Razr V9 on my belt clip :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
+100 and AMEN! We are rapidly evolving to a world predicted in The President's Analyst, a great '60's film where James Coburn battled the evil "Phone Company" and their plan to implant communication chips in everyone's head to save "equipment costs."

Yeah, except they won't have to 'implant [] chips in everyone' because most people willingly carry them (apparently everywhere), lol:icon_ banana:

zakany

Reaction score
My wife ran her phone through the washer and drier. It was never the same again, but I did get it to work. It's currently in my office, dutifully forwarding calls to my Droid.

I always take my Droid to the can. Good time for a game of Zilch or to read the funnies on DailyStrip.

huskur

Reaction score
my friends droid made it into the port-o-potty at our local zoo the day he got it. Only a hour or 2 old. Here is the hard part to believe----he went to VZW and told them what happened (10 minutes from the zoo)---they were nice enough to give him a "Brand New" one and made him promise NOT to bring his old one back!!!! Friggin hilarious LMFAO :rofl3:

Warweasel

Reaction score
I waded in a lake saving a friend's powerless boat with my BB Bold 9000 on my hip for 15 minutes before I realized it. Tried the rice thing almost right away. Never worked again. Powered on a few times, but then that even stopped. $500 for a replacement, and it was only a few hours before I got on the plane for Iraq.

gruve

Reaction score
I dropped my old phone in the crapper at work one day.. Fished it out, cleaned it 10+ times with santation wipes, worked fine, didn't fry and actually stayed powered on the whole time it was in the toilet. I ended up selling it on ebay for about $60 later on... :rofl3:

butch350

Reaction score
I have to use both hands when i leak ;), and can only focus on handling
1 thing at a time. No Droid will ever be in my hand standing over the
toilet.

To answer your (?) - NO!

orangepeel

Reaction score
Yeah, except they won't have to 'implant [] chips in everyone' because most people willingly carry them (apparently everywhere), lol:icon_ banana:

Good point.

I must admit I take my old 1st generation ipod touch with me to the bathroom sometimes,but it's already beat all to pieces.

Last edited:

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
This may be the only thing I miss about the phone I upgraded from to get the DROID.

I visited my parents and parked my car near a puddle in their driveway. With the gymnastics I had to perform to get out of my car without stepping in the puddle my phone fell out of my coat pocket. About two hours later I realized I did not have my phone. About another hour after that I found it in the puddle covered with about six inches of water. Pulled it out and it was working fine. Made a call and checked all the functions and everything worked perfectly. Phone still works perfectly only I REALLY wanted a DROID so there you are. Going to send the phone to an ex-girlfriend (now close friend) so her kids can use it. The phone was a Boost Mobile Motorola I9.

Oh, cool part... Paid $50 for the monthly unlimited and wanted the navigation, an additional $40 for $90 total. Happens to be just less than what I pay a month for the DROID with all it's additional features. Do almost all my communicating with text, almost never actually make or receive a voice call and most of my friends and all of my family are on Verizon anyway.

I'm a SCUBA diver so around the water a lot. I have the insurance plan on the DROID so I will probably never drop it in water just so karma can take my money.

Mitch