Am I the only one that did this??? please say no

CrossBoX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well was on my way to the bathroom and lifted the seat up had droid in hand and the next thing Im looking at is my droid still on and on the bottom of the bowl :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

well i shut it off and waited for it to dry before i turned it on. Turned it on and got the M logo then went dead...:reddroid:

just a warning to all if in the bathroom hold on to that phone with your dear life.. LOL

rod

Reaction score
i know this couple, friends of mine, who love their iphones. over the past 18 months, theyve dropped 4 iphones in water (1 in an aquariums by their toddler son, 2 in toilets by the wife, 1 in a bayou by their 7 year old daughter). so in less than 2 years, theyve purchased 6 iphones. thats close to 3 thousand dollars, is it not?

knock on wood, but ive never dropped a phone in water. im sorry about your droid.

Tegamal

Reaction score
My father in law has dropped his phone in a public toilet before, & I've heard several people over the years do it as well, but when I go to the restroom, I stick to the business at hand! :rofl3:

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Mine almost took the "tidy bowl dip" the other day, set it down on the sink, went to pick it up, and slipped out of my hand, managed to move quickly enough to deflect it away from the open toilet, and on to the throw rug on the floor... Now I got to the bathroom sans Droid....

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's the only place my Droid doesn't go.... ;)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
eww, i would smash it and get a replacement rather than holding pee to my ear... just my opinion

OP
CrossBoX

CrossBoX

Reaction score
I have a new one coming in today for 89 bucks. man i remember it being 50.. lol what happend

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the only place my Droid doesn't go.... ;)

Seriously people... if you feel the need to take your cell EVERYWHERE like that you need some serious help, lol... Personally I get the h3ll away from mine whenever and WHEREVER I can.

I have a new one coming in today for 89 bucks. man i remember it being 50.. lol what happend
The prices of the phones went from <$300 to >$500 and people (not to point fingers) started to get... let's just say silly with how they handle their phones. Not to mention the new screens tend to break far more easily, and often on these phones than their older/cheaper counterparts.

For your future use:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

Last edited:
OP
CrossBoX

CrossBoX

Reaction score

rawburt

Reaction score
What does the water damage indicator look like? Just curious as to what it does when it actually gets wet.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will probably be the same sensor the put in computers. It is a white dot and if it even has a tiny drop of contact with water it will turn a pink or red color.