Am I the only one kind of annoyed about the eris getting 2.0

xSinneDx

Reaction score
Not saying screw the Eris, the ui is really slick. But a big reason why I got the droid was it has 2.0. It was a big selling point in all reviews. Do we droid owners get anything?

J-Buck

Reaction score
Umm yes... I hope all Android phones get 2.0. And plus i think googles goal is for Android to be to phones what Windows is to computers. Pick a phone u like for its hardware cuz pretty soon there is gonna be a army of android phones that will all have the same software.

godanigo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also super pissed that HP computers got windows 7 too. Those jerks.

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I agree that all android phones should run the same software. It makes it easier to develop for and will lead to better, less buggy apps.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not saying screw the Eris, the ui is really slick. But a big reason why I got the droid was it has 2.0. It was a big selling point in all reviews. Do we droid owners get anything?
This makes no sense to me. Why would Droid owners "get" anything while older Android devices get 2.0? The Droid already has 2.0. What made you think that 2.0 would be exclusive to the Droid? I have never run across anything making such a claim.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
yawn. People who need to feel superior crack me up. You aren't special and your droid certainly doesn't make you special. I wish my life was so simple this was even on my list of crap to complain about.

OP
X

xSinneDx

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to feel like that jackass. I was lead to believe the Droid woul have 2
0 and not the Eris.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to feel like that jackass. I was lead to believe the Droid woul have 2
0 and not the Eris.

By who? Your imagination? Since the announcement of both I have heard that the Eris would get 2.0. ANy device capable will get it.

OP
X

xSinneDx

Reaction score
When I was doing research for which phone to get that is what I read
that the Eris couldn't run it. Do you need to keep belittling me cause I dont appreciate it. I like my Droid but that was one of the deciding factors.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
When I was doing research for which phone to get that is what I read
that the Eris couldn't run it. Do you need to keep belittling me cause I dont appreciate it. I like my Droid but that was one of the deciding factors.
Well being today is December 5 you can't be outside of your 30 day return period so either go back to the store you bought it or call *611 and say you want to return it for the eris.

OP
X

xSinneDx

Reaction score
I like my Droid and want to keep it. I don't care that other phones get it. I am just annoyed that I wad mislead

medicTHREE

Reaction score
If you like your device, what does it matter if another one gets it? This makes zero sense. It all comes back to you needing to feel special about having something someone else doesn't.