Am i the only 1 ?????????

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Am i the only one not getting this gingerbread update....seriously wtf.....i dont not understand why i have not received it yet ! Any ideas???

Not interested in rooting either fyi

armeddroid

Reaction score
How is your GPS now? Does it lock and are you having issues with texts going to wrong people? Do you gave 4G in your area? If so, does it bounce back and forth?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
How is your GPS now? Does it lock and are you having issues with texts going to wrong people? Do you gave 4G in your area? If so, does it bounce back and forth?

How is good.....some issues with texts they fail sometimes no 4 g yet in a weekvor two they should turn it on....

I want gingerbread damn it
SENT FROM MY GINGERBREADLESS THUNDERBOLT

armeddroid

Reaction score
The reason why I ask is that because is, my GPS took forever to lock on, 4G bouncing back and forth and texts going to wrong people; my phone was classified as a lemon. When I was in the VZ store which was a 4g area; I noticed the Tbolt they had there, had a strong 4G signal. I showed them the issues and they swapped out my phone.
Additionally if your phone keeps stating when you check for Software Updates that there is an error or the there is no network was another sign that my phone was wacked out.
Have you swapped out your phone previously?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
The reason why I ask is that because is, my GPS took forever to lock on, 4G bouncing back and forth and texts going to wrong people; my phone was classified as a lemon. When I was in the VZ store which was a 4g area; I noticed the Tbolt they had there, had a strong 4G signal. I showed them the issues and they swapped out my phone.
Additionally if your phone keeps stating when you check for Software Updates that there is an error or the there is no network was another sign that my phone was wacked out.
Have you swapped out your phone previously?

When in a 4 g are its fine when searching for software update it searches and disappears so I may have to call VZW this week

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
When in a 4 g are its fine when searching for software update it searches and disappears so I may have to call VZW this week

This is my original thunderbolt .....well 2 nd one actually ..... 1 st one I had for a week and they sent me a new one.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Have you tried doing the Software Update in a 4g area? I know that is something you do not want to hear but it is worth a shot.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Have you tried doing the Software Update in a 4g area? I know that is something you do not want to hear but it is worth a shot.

Yes I've tried a 4 g area

armeddroid

Reaction score
Huh.. the pulled OTA and the 2nd one; I was able to download it under 4 g.

Mysfit

Reaction score
No update here either. And like you I don't plan on rooting. HTC has been terrible supporting this phone. it will be my last HTC.

RVC

Reaction score
Root and flash BAMF Forever Cubed and you will once again be happy with your TB. I hated mine until I got a good ROM on this piece.....now works pretty well.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Root and flash BAMF Forever Cubed and you will once again be happy with your TB. I hated mine until I got a good ROM on this piece.....now works pretty well.

Believe he said he doesn't want to root.

big erick

Reaction score
I didn't get the update either. Factory reset 3 times verizon said I needed a new phone. When I would check for update the wheel would spin for a minute then just go away. No matter if I was in 4g or wifi. Verizon said you can do an update over wifi. So I get the new phone, pop my sim card into it and Bam the update came within 2 minutes! But, now the phone says 4g but no signal bars! I call verizon, do another reset but no luck. They say the they will send an
other phone. I said lets try to put my sim back into my original tbolt so within 2 minutes my original phone got the update and I sent the one back they sent to replace this one. Call verizon and ask to put a phantom phone onto your line and then replace your phone after. Font get a new sim its not gonna help. If you have a friend with a 4g phone put your sim in that phone for a minute and then back to yours, tell me if it works! Good luck....

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
No update here either. And like you I don't plan on rooting. HTC has been terrible supporting this phone. it will be my last HTC.

Yeah I really don't see the need to root my phone doesn't have any major issues and am happy with the phone overall just would like gingerbread .....

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I didn't get the update either. Factory reset 3 times verizon said I needed a new phone. When I would check for update the wheel would spin for a minute then just go away. No matter if I was in 4g or wifi. Verizon said you can do an update over wifi. So I get the new phone, pop my sim card into it and Bam the update came within 2 minutes! But, now the phone says 4g but no signal bars! I call verizon, do another reset but no luck. They say the they will send an
other phone. I said lets try to put my sim back into my original tbolt so within 2 minutes my original phone got the update and I sent the one back they sent to replace this one. Call verizon and ask to put a phantom phone onto your line and then replace your phone after. Font get a new sim its not gonna help. If you have a friend with a 4g phone put your sim in that phone for a minute and then back to yours, tell me if it works! Good luck....

Doesn't make sense to me