Am I screwed?

sephtin

Reaction score
NICE! Rubix installed successfully. Now on to the Titanium restoration of apps. I'm let you guys know how it goes with that.

Oh, and thank you both! You two ROCK!

???
for apps.. just open market, and wait.
open app drawer, and they'll show up... (google data backup will do that for you)...

Edit: Did you not read the previous posts in this thread, or any of the posts regarding issues with titanium restore? o_O

He asked about that. He knows what it can do. He knows how to unbrick phone and has files. I told him he can give it a whirl and if all goes to worse he is flashing SBF again.

lol.. whatever works. (doubt it will brick, just cause all kinds of headaches... :p
Worst case scenario, he'll need to reinstall the ROM.

NYDroid

Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet 'cause I'm really liking this rom. I really need to catch some Z's. I'll either send you guys a PM or post my other findings tommorow. I still have a few questions so I'll see you fellas tommorow. Thanks again and nite!

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin

Do you know anything about flashing this theme? I have Rubix setup the way I want but don't want to wipe clean everything to install a darn theme? Do I just place on SD card and use ROM manager to install from SD card?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bgill55/83920-invertnito-incognito-dx.html

Just grab the blurless verison, and install as per the instructions in the link you posted... ;) (second post, about 1/2 way down).

If you don't want to risk messing up your current install, just take a backup through ROM Manager first.. so you can go back if you don't like the theme...

sephtin

Reaction score
Crashing as well.

For those whose thread this .. erm, was. :(
I Apologize for letting it get hijacked to such a serious extent.. but it was fun. ;)

scubieman

Reaction score
So make backup with ROM manager

Do not wipe anything or mount anything just install Theme as if it was a ROM?

sephtin

Reaction score
So make backup with ROM manager

Do not wipe anything or mount anything just install Theme as if it was a ROM?

Correct. Those instructions are right. Always follow the instructions written by the developer of the ROM or theme.. they know best!

scubieman

Reaction score
Last response and ill let you go... Im not running Deodexed Froyo so Idk which is required

sephtin

Reaction score
Last response and ill let you go... Im not running Deodexed Froyo so Idk which is required

If you're on rubiX, you're on deodexed froyo.
Deodexing is an optimization that can be done for apps, and as per first post in rubiX threads, it IS deodexed.
And rubiX is based on 2.2 (Froyo)...

If you're not on rubiX, then nevermind...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
mjsplicer78

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
@UNC I came to the Android phone because I liked the idea of talented developers being able to tweak the phones to run better than the mass produced ones will. With Moto locking down the phone it takes that whole idea away. Moto has turned an open idea into a Windows/Apple type product. No room for imagination only profit

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why hate on Moto? I don't get it...

Locked bootloader is the cause of his problem, and reason that there are almost no good solutions out there.
It's doubtful that Moto will stop locking their phones, which makes me sad to say that my DroidX will likely be my last Moto phone/product I'll purchase. If there's a device out there that is more open than what moto provides, I'd buy it even if it meant giving up a sexier screen/camera/etc.

Its not really a problem since it works as advertised with 2.2 OTA. What we as a community do to the phone causes problem like this. There are ways out of those problems, but from Moto's stand point, their phone works great out of the box, and it does.

sephtin

Reaction score
Why hate on Moto? I don't get it...

Locked bootloader is the cause of his problem, and reason that there are almost no good solutions out there.
It's doubtful that Moto will stop locking their phones, which makes me sad to say that my DroidX will likely be my last Moto phone/product I'll purchase. If there's a device out there that is more open than what moto provides, I'd buy it even if it meant giving up a sexier screen/camera/etc.

Its not really a problem since it works as advertised with 2.2 OTA. What we as a community do to the phone causes problem like this. There are ways out of those problems, but from Moto's stand point, their phone works great out of the box, and it does.

Very true... But it's their standpoint that I see as the entire problem...

That I just see that at some point, times are going to have to change for handheld device manufacturers. It's not a dumb appliance anymore, it's a handheld computer running a full OS.
Instead of smartphone manufacturers locking things down and trying to support their devices like it's a dumb phone, they should just set policies in place to support it as a handheld computer, which it is!
By this, I mean:
-- Change warranty/support guidelines to simply state that the phone is supported only in it's stock configuration...
-- Put out a utility that will flash it back to stock, and make that step 1 in supporting/troubleshooting the device.
-- Profit.

That's pretty much what OEM Computer mfg's do... *shrug*

I think things can go one way or the other... Corporations can keep fighting for what their suits at the top (that don't even USE smartphones, let alone understand what they're capable of) believe is best for their bottom line regardless of what the public wants, or they can start waking up, and listening to their customers and embracing the platform they're giving to people, which is based on being open.

Last edited: