Am I screwed?

NYDroid

Reaction score
This is the thread on this forum that saved my ass:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html

You will find everything you need there and up to date.

Now question...how can I shouldn't restore apps thru Titanium? What kind of issues would it cause? Does issues only arise with rubix or just in general all the roms out there? If I can't restore apps thru Titanium, what's are other options?

I'm asking this because I had no issues restoring apps thru Titanium under FlyX and Zap. Maybe there's an issue I'm unaware of?

scubieman

Reaction score
Well if you know already how to unbrick phone. Try it all goes to worse you flash SBF and restore phone. I say make backup. I just don't want to go through the brick stage. My stomach already turns when I switch ROMS.

sephtin

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html

Now question...how can I shouldn't restore apps thru Titanium? What kind of issues would it cause? Does issues only arise with rubix or just in general all the roms out there? If I can't restore apps thru Titanium, what's are other options?

I'm asking this because I had no issues restoring apps thru Titanium under FlyX and Zap. Maybe there's an issue I'm unaware of?

Good question: There are several posts about this issue, and it does affect other ROMs as well. I tried to summarize some of the issues in this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/87326-rom-two-roms-guys-crazy-13.html#post901145

By far the most common issue this causes, is the never ending sync issue (sync icon in notifications bar just won't go away)...

Some more info:
One person who reported issues with Titanium backup said they had success with reinstalling the ROM and when restoring with titanium they changed some restore options (NO CLUE what changes). I know this isn't helpful, and I'm sorry. :(

Also have seen multiple reports of people using MyBackup to backup/restore without issue, including a few that nandroid-restored back to their stiock 2.2, took a backup with MyBackup, reinstalled their ROM, and restored from MyBackup without problems.

I read a post where someone described why this is the case... but didn't provide technical details. :( Only that titanium grabs some system data, that MyBackup doesn't (??).

It's not only rubiX, but has made trying to support rubiX hell. heh.
Not sure what kind of userbase the other ROM's have, but I know that rubiX had over 2500 downloads of the Focused version alone .. and that was over a week ago or so ?

Hope this helps.. search should net you more info.. almost a majority of the posts asking for help in the rubiX forums are as follows: someone reported an issue and when asked if they had restored with titanium backup, they answer yes.. almost always followed by a reply that a reinstall of the ROM with no restore fixing the issue. :p

scubieman

Reaction score
sephtin you know where to fine APK. I'm running rubix .5 but do not have cardock which is a must in my world. I love the nagation on it.

NYDroid

Reaction score
Well, 4AM here after a bit of Starcraft 2 and Modern Warfare...2 hours of sleep and...JUST got done rooting my phone from stock. I'm going to go for Rubix .5...

sephtin

Reaction score

And, this is VERY IMPORTANT to note (IN fact, I think that the post you linked should be edited, and updated with this info)...

IF you try to follow that guide, and you've installed the OVER THE AIR update from Verizon... you will end up with THIS:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x-31.html#post906490
The last post is from someone who followed the guide that was on OTA 2.2.

IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.
See: Have OTA 2.2 installed? Do not use any 2.1 SBF....

If this has changed (is no longer the case, PLEASE let me know!).

scubieman

Reaction score
I have rubix .5 and mad I don't have car dock. I may go back to stock but theme black glass insteed.

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin you know where to fine APK. I'm running rubix .5 but do not have cardock which is a must in my world. I love the nagation on it.

Send me a PM and I'll look it up and get the info on how to get the stock cardock back. In the meantime, try this:
Car Home (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

Several people have said they like it better than the stock car home.. *shrug*
:)

scubieman

Reaction score
How did you get the Rubix file? Internet or through ROM manager?

scubieman

Reaction score

sephtin

Reaction score
I ain't touching nothin until you say something...haha
Something. ;)

lol..since you two is still up, should I install the Rubix .5 thru Rom Manager this time?

Go for it. As long as you check the box for making a backup first, you should be able to go back if you change your mind. *shrug*.. what the heck!

(BTW, sleep does sound good, so I'll probably not be on much longer myself.. heh)

sephtin

Reaction score

Send me a PM and I'll look it up and get the info on how to get the stock cardock back. In the meantime, try this:
Car Home (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

Several people have said they like it better than the stock car home.. *shrug*
:)

Your my life saver!!!!!!

And, this may save me a PM.. hehe:
Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

You should be able to find the cardock.apk (I think that's it, anyway) from there. Only problem, is I'm not 100% sure if it has other required apps. if it doesn't work.. then I'm not sure what to tell you... :S

To make both of our lives easier, try the app I linked. heh, I'm interested in feedback on it too!