Am I pushing my phone to hard?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by y0manda, Mar 22, 2010.

1. y0manda

y0manda New Member

currently running BD v8 with chevy's 5 slot 1.25 with JIT enabled. yeah its fast, but when at 800 on set cpu the phone still halls ass. The only noticable speeds I can see are from bench tests. I get 110 on short and 2880 on long. I keep my setcpu profiles very sensitive with heat. So far I have not had any reboots or fc
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

With the exception of benhmark scores you aren't going to see any huge improvement going over ~800-900. Same for JIT it will give you a nice bump on your scores (especially the Linpack) but likely not much else. Also JIT is known to cause a LOT of issues for several ROMs and/or kernels (Pete does NOT recommend it on his ROMs for that reason).

Course results will very from one device/CPU to another. But most phones appear to run best ~1000 or lower with JIT disabled (or rather not enabled). Remember benchmarks don't necessarily translate to usable, or noticeable speed.
  3. itwerk

itwerk New Member

what is JIT? lol
  4. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

Just In Time its a java processing method that will improve performance with some thing but at the moment at the cost of some stability