Am I loosing it? Bionic doesn't sit flat anymore.....or did it ever?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
mine sits flat, and I can sure see both issues here, your phone should be cradled in your two hands typing with your thumbs, I just tried to do it on the table and it was typo city (mine DOES sit flat by the way). I also agree that yeah that phone warping is definitely and issue. Mine sits flat and it never gets torqued in any way. You don't perchance carry your phone in a snug hip pocket do you? That could warp the chassis over time, the battery cover is flexible enough to follow the warp. If that happens to be the case you're gonna eventually crack the display and touch screen as well.

skruid

Reaction score
crazy my nexus don't sit flat screen down, o wait contoured glass screen, lol jk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lanza_david

Reaction score
I have had the same exact issue. I also do not remember if it happened since day one, but I noticed it a long while back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scimino

Reaction score
I have already gotten mad for some reason and thrown mine against the wall. It almost stuck like a ninja star. The phone still works great no cracks or scuff marks. I love my bionic. I felt bad afterward it wasnt even the bionic's fault!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

wseyller

Reaction score
Mine has never been flat on my original and now my refurb. Both are not perfectly flat. I use a gel case which hides the fact of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
mine sits flat, and I can sure see both issues here, your phone should be cradled in your two hands typing with your thumbs, I just tried to do it on the table and it was typo city (mine DOES sit flat by the way). I also agree that yeah that phone warping is definitely and issue. Mine sits flat and it never gets torqued in any way. You don't perchance carry your phone in a snug hip pocket do you? That could warp the chassis over time, the battery cover is flexible enough to follow the warp. If that happens to be the case you're gonna eventually crack the display and touch screen as well.

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You guys carrying your phones in your back pockets or somewhere else that may cause a slight bend in the body????

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

wseyller

Reaction score
I got my first bionic on release day. I didnt check for it right away and i assumed it happened from my own neglect although i felt i took good care if it. I eventually got a refurb due to data problems. I did check it right out of the box and it too was slightly wobbly on a flat surface. I have ever since assumed that was just the way they are. I see others now claim that isn't the case so i don't know. Makes me decide to discount the theory of warping from having it in your pocket. My guess is a manufacturing inconsistency.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Both mine and my wife's bionics lay totally flat. No rocking at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

coop8070

Reaction score
I just recently crashed my motorcycle and slid a little ways down the road on my phone and even with the road rash, my phone still sits flat on the table here at mcdonalds :)

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Tell the OP to try it at McDonalds... if the problem persists... drag it on the road untill it's flat

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Hopefully you do not keep your phone in your pocket doing Zumba classes. Saw this lady in the gym.... just say'n

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk