Am I going CRAZY?!!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - I am trying to port my theme to UD2.3 ... did things as usual and thought everything would be OK. I installed the theme to test it out and only the apps I themed installed, none of the framework images or xml edits showed up. So, after discussing this with another themer, he told me to decompile the framework-res.apk then edit the xml's, recompile and sign the .apk. After doing that I could then insert my themed png's. Did all of that with no success. So, then I tried installing his theme - same results, no framework edits being installed. Did a fresh install of UD2.3 with wipe and I am still getting the same thing! Clockwork/SPR, doesn't matter ... I can not get the framework edits to install no matter what I do!!

Anybody have any suggestions? Has my phone gone completely haywire (not likely)?? Is this user error (more likely)??

I have been at this all friggin' day and it's driving me completely nuts!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a good guess

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Stupid phone.... pm me. I have no power and I hate typing on my phone. Ill give u my number.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess is...there is not enough system space for the framework-res.apk to overwrite properly

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your Avatar always makes me chuckle :tongue:

70% in system ?

this is what happened to me while theming 2.1 and 2.3 the apps would take but the res.apk would not, but I put a lot of third party themed applications in my update.zip so space was tight - on 2.1 - I ended up just pushed the res.apk with terminal - but on 2.3 - I deleted unnecessary system/apps before flashing my update.zip and it worked fine as it overwrites in alphabetical order system/app comes first and system/framework, second - it was not completing the process

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I see what you're saying, but I only have the framework-res.apk in the framework folder and just the apps I themed in the app folder. I trim as much as possible to keep the theme small ...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought it was odd myself but after deleting a few things I don't use from the devices system/app folder the res.apk along wikth my themed system/apps took just fine

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok man, not what I thought it was.. PM this or post it... tell me what exactly you are doing to make your theme update and how you are packaging it when you are done editing it.

alsp apk manager 4.8 or 4.9?

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK, something is a foul with my framework-res.apk apparently. Just deleted my apps folder and I am boot looping ...

xkape, PM coming :D

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok.. I am currently going thru the motions right now to get the framework compilable. That way I can be upto par with you.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I thought it was odd myself but after deleting a few things I don't use from the devices system/app folder the res.apk along wikth my themed system/apps took just fine

Well I'll be a monkey's bare-a%$ed uncle!! That was it! I was laying hear in bed with this eating away at me ... so I decided to axe some crud and tried my theme and it worked!!!

Thank you so much guys! If I would have turned to the forum sooner I might have been able to release it today LOL

Sent from my Droid

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
never doubt the tp76!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score