am i expecting too much from my Incredible?

deggdegg

Reaction score
Just set your task killer to kill everything upon the screen turning off. It will kill everything except for the clock (so it doesn't mess with your alarms) and the app you currently have running.

I've been doing this for the past month or so and I rarely drop below 30% by the end of the day. I do w/e I want on it to without considering battery.

Also, I have the 1750 mA battery from Seidio.

slinky

Reaction score
I don't know. I just got my Incredible today. I had a Droid 1. So far battery life is almost the same but it's too early to tell. The Droid did eat battery quickly even on the lowest brightness level. So far the Incredible is holding up after charging it for about 4 hours (it was almost full out of the box.)

1) It is much quicker than the D1.
2) Given the processor, bttery life should be comparable or lower but so far OK.
3) Screen resolution might make for more battery saving. no perceptible difference with the D1 IMHO, virtually as good.
4) Haven't yet tested the screen outdoors... but inside it's very nice.

Bottom line - with auto brightness battery isn't great but it is as good as the D1 on day 1, standard battery.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I run my Incredible with practically all options on and run live wallpaper (Beautiful Live Weather). Heck, I figure since I paid for a beast of a smartphone I might as well utilize all what I can and then some. I've got 2 HTC/Verizon 2150 batteries, the OEM standard battery, and a set of Plantronics stereo bluetooth headphones. I don't text a lot, I don't surf the web a lot, check my email when they are available, and do some calls. The android system really burns up the juice as with cell standby. If I game a lot (a couple hours or so) that's when the batteries really are stressed. But with light/moderate use, I see about 12-14 hrs of use until the batteries are depleted. I accept this as part of the Incredible smartphone package and the nature of the beast. I'm know in the future battery and smartphone capabilities will evolve to give us even better and longer battery use but for now, it is what it is.

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
well, after more testing, my battery life has gotten significantly better.

i had to hard reset my phone, but now, after nOT reinstalling friend stream and NOT linking my facebook contacts to my phone contacts, battery life is "great." I say "great," because I don't know it is compared to everyone else's, but i can get a full day's charge, like using it from 7ish am to 9ish at night, and i'm actually using the phone. the other day i had live wallpaper on, wifi on when at home, syncing on, etc. i was at 50% at 5:30pm. pretty good, i think.

i know there was a problem w/ facebook for htc sense oversyncing my contacts... i heard from htc that there was a problem w/ 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 facebook app creating problems... but maybe w/ 1.3.2 and syncing now, it might not cause the same problems.

do any of you have syncing from your contacts to your facebook (to get their pics, etc.) and does that cause any weird freezing problems?

droidphreak

Reaction score
Dont use the Sense facebook app. Just use the real one from the market. Its soooo much better and easier on the battery juice :)

dwagner88

Reaction score
If I left GPS running on my phone while streaming music for 40 minutes on my Motorola Droid, it would eat battery too. That uses a TON of power. My GF has an Incredible. She texts a lot more than I do, and her battery always lasts all day (on the standard battery). She plays some games, but she doesn't do much with the GPS. She gets around 15 hours off the charger with her usage. Enough for a full workday. Yours seems pretty comparable considering the heavy GPS/internet usage.

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i have been a lot more relaxed about my battery, although, i wish sites like cnet.com or whatever would adjust their battery run time based off of a higher battery than the 1300mah.

question, does leaving things like Trillian or Fring (or skype) on all day, does that eat away at the battery significantly, or not?

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion. unfortunately, that battery greatly thickens the size of the phone. does anybody have a side by side pic of that battery vs. the regular phone?

openethan

Reaction score
I am having great success on my battery life gain (by 4 ½) hours a day by disabling all facebook syncs... Try it out for a day. Menu/Settings/Accounts & Sync/Facebook. Turn it all off! Unless you are glued to facebook, I'm sure you will miss it (not)... I went from 8AM unplug - 3PM dead to 8AM unplug - 7:43PM dead. I am a normal to heavy user. Light on widgets, but I push the phone, so I am happy with the boost this has given me!

openethan

icebluemale30

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i have been a lot more relaxed about my battery, although, i wish sites like cnet.com or whatever would adjust their battery run time based off of a higher battery than the 1300mah.

question, does leaving things like Trillian or Fring (or skype) on all day, does that eat away at the battery significantly, or not?

I would imagine so as all these use location and if you have that on it will eat away at your battery

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
i went w/ Juice Defender off yesterday, and there was a noticeable difference. I turned it off cuz I downloaded Lookout, which is awesome. There' s afeature if you loose your phone that you get your phone to Scream, or emit a siren so that you can find it. it's awesome! however, that oNLy happens if your phone can send out data when the screen is off, which Juice Defender prevents from happening.

it also has a GPS feature where you can track your phone to like the exact location, and follow it. however, that means leaving GPS on...

I will try Juice Defender off again today and then I will turn off all syncing on Facebook. I can manually sync it as well.

Do you guys ever notice a problem w/ your Wifi or 3G not connect correctly when your phone is low on battery?

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
Just gonna say, root with 2.2 Froyo Leak from ozzeh, hydra overclocked undervolted kernel, juicedefender, juice plotter, and ATK are lifesavers. i'm getting about 20 hours of battery everyday compared to the 6 (yes, SIX) hours i used to get with stock 2.1 with ATK. I removed most of the stock bloatware apps (friendstream, facebook for HTC sense, skype, cityID, etc) and haven't had a complaint about battery life since.

What I'm saying is, if you're willing to root your phone, do it. Remove the bloatware and apps you don't want, maybe throw in a new kernel and ROM, download ATK, juicedefender, and juiceplotter. If that doesn't do anything, i'm not really sure what to say... oh, and you can't get the 2.2 OTA update if you're rooted (i think? i'm reverting to stock for it anyways)... the only downfall. but you'll still have the benefits of the kernel overclocking the processor when the screens on, and undervolting the battery when screens off.

and a power control is nice so you can turn the GPS, wifi, bluetooth, autosync, and brightness up/down with one button press

i hope that made some sense.

egobuster1

Reaction score
im rooted running skyraider rc3 and im over clocked with screen on under clocked with screen off running the BFS kernel #1 and my battery life isnt to to bad anymore
i send a couple hundred texts a day and maybe 20 mins of phone calls and a couple emails and it usally will last me all day. i just try and plug my phone in when ever i get a chance to to bump the battery back up a couple notches