Am I doing this right?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by madaopul, Mar 2, 2010.

1. madaopul

madaopul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently rooted to droidmod 1.0. Then I wanted to try smoked glass so I saved the smoked glass .rom.tgz file in the root folder. After restarting in recovery I made a backup and then went to install a rom. I picked the smoked glass rom and went trough everything. Is this the right way to do it and if so how do I get back to droidmod? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. kaboyd

kaboyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yep, and if you reboot into recovery and do a nandroid restore of that backup you created you will be back to the Droidmod that you saved

3. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    The right way to install sg5.0 (or 4.5 for that matter) is to follow the instructions in its thread. The best way to get back to droidmod is to just run that the same way you ran it the first time after rooting. Did you run into an issue with SG? Sounds like you did it the right way but there is one way for SG4.5 and a slightly different way for SG5.0...sounds like you went the 5.0 route because you put the file in the root and it was a tgz file.

4. madaopul

madaopul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks. How do I delete old backups and completely remove the smoked glass rom? Also, I am sure this has been answered somewhere but what exactly does hitting "install" as opposed to the update file?