Am I a Hater

floydp

Reaction score
Just another phone.. I want this but i am not eligible for upgrade so i quit worrying about it.. waiting for something bigger better with a keyboard..

I'm with you there. Only had the Droid for a couple months and quite pleased with it. Now if I was up for upgrade! Well thats a different ball game.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I've had my LG Dare for over a year now. It was a good phone for it's time, but I need a bigger display. I was going to go to the iPhone4 but I hate AT&T. I also need a phone that's a good phone.

I was going to get the Incredible, but the battery life problem and the lack of availability killed that one for me. Then my buddy showed me the X. It's got what I need and I wanted an Android phone so it's a done deal.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then my buddy showed me the X. It's got what I need and I wanted an Android phone so it's a done deal.

Welcome to the Forum and the Android Platform....Doctor

Last edited:

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am with you on this. I have used an evo and thought it was too big. This is lacking in areas compared to it and is even bigger. Personally I'm not convinced it will sell given its shortcomings and overall size (incredible is still better if you can get one). I am not sure it would even fit into my pants pocket comfortably if at all, and I know it wouldn't fit into my girlfriends.

I am actually hoping to sell my Incredible when the X comes out. Hmmmm

darreno1

Reaction score
I can't wait for this. I need the bigger screen and this thing just screams compared to my rooted overclocked Droid. I'll be giving up Froyo and flash for a while but no biggie as I'll have skyfire to hold me over. Oh, and that 8gigs dedicated to apps is certainly a welcomed addition.

J

Johnly

If I wasn't rooted, maybe I would consider if I had multiple upgrades. I think it is nice, but being rooted, and running all these new ROM's is still more exciting for me. I am passing, but not passing because the device is disappointing.

tdog7879

Reaction score
I like the Droid X. It will be a GREAT device but I couldn't give up my Droid for it.

I'm still waiting for the big Moto device at the end of the year.

Im pretty happy with the Moto Droid. When a device comes along that knocks my socks off I'll switch, until then I'll sit with my current upgrade and use it wisely.
thats prolly the best statement i have read in regards with the droid x:clap:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am with you on this. I have used an evo and thought it was too big. This is lacking in areas compared to it and is even bigger. Personally I'm not convinced it will sell given its shortcomings and overall size (incredible is still better if you can get one). I am not sure it would even fit into my pants pocket comfortably if at all, and I know it wouldn't fit into my girlfriends.

I am actually hoping to sell my Incredible when the X comes out. Hmmmm

I sold mine on Ebay yesterday for $400, Had the DX in hand today.......for those that want it you will love it. For those that want to keep thier Droid or DI you have a great device too

car guy

Reaction score
I think that if you already have any of the Android phones that have been released in the past 8 months there's no truly compelling reason to get the Droid X.

HOWEVER, if you have a Droid Eris, G1, HTC Hero, iPhone or any other phone that either runs at a less than 1GHZ or can't be OC'd to 1GHz or more... You should be drooling.

Me? I'm holding onto my MotoDroid until the 2Ghz or dual-core phones start popping up!

This is pretty much where I stand. I currently have a BB Pearl and hate it. I am up form y new every two right now and I can either get an INcredible in AUgust, or an X on the 15th. Don't see any reason to wait longer for an older phone.

In other words, I'm pretty stoked about it.

armeddroid

Reaction score
When the Droid stops getting updates.. then I will look for a new phone. Until then, I'm good with my D1.

and I type this from my Droid.

robyr

Reaction score
When the Droid stops getting updates.. then I will look for a new phone. Until then, I'm good with my D1.

and I type this from my Droid.

THIS. I am not ready to give up what I have. The DX's main appeal to me is "OOH SHINY" and a larger screen. I like the size of the Droid too though, and having a keyboard makes it fairly versatile. SSH and technical discussions are just easier with a full keyboard.

J

Johnly

idk, I think the X may surprise us all, great hardware.....is the gpu 530 or 540?