Am I a Hater

soba1

Reaction score
I was all but done with the Droid. The crappy performance I was getting on my Droid was really starting to get frustrating. Sapphire .6.2 has revived my Droid though and may allow me to hang onto it for quite a while. The thing that still kills me about the Droid though is the small screen. It's big enough for quick browsing or whatever but for me personally it's not big enough to be anything more than a multimedia phone. The big screen on the X seems to have the potential to be a netbook replacement with a phone. Which is more what I'm looking for. I'll still wait for the initial reviews and see what kind of dev support it gains before buying though.

That is exactly why I am going to the X it will take some adjusting not having the physical keyboard. But I ahve been wanting a bigger screen
since I saw the HTC HD. Now that VZ finally has a large screen I am on it.
I have upgrades to burn so there ya go. My next one after this will definitely be LTE compatible....

Ansextra

Reaction score
I'll make my final decision when I actually see it on Thursday. Until that point everything is based on what I've seen online. Real life will be quite a bit more helpful I think.
I'm switching from an iPhone 3G so this will be my first Android phone.

Rubi22

Reaction score
I want the big screen/wifi/HD/froyo/etc. cause I'm coming from a BB storm.

I can understand why a lot of the Droid and DInc guys don't want to upgrade. $200 is a bit expensive to get a similar phone with a bigger screen. But the storm's gotta go, and the X floats my boat.

chikibabe

Reaction score
newbie to the android community too and i think the X will be an excellent "starter" to my Android world :) i've had windows mobile for 6 months and at first it was great but the lag really really really bugs me..and i hear that android will be solution to that dancedroid

I want the big screen/wifi/HD/froyo/etc. cause I'm coming from a BB storm.

I can understand why a lot of the Droid and DInc guys don't want to upgrade. $200 is a bit expensive to get a similar phone with a bigger screen. But the storm's gotta go, and the X floats my boat.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want it, but the amazing-ness has wore off on me too. Now, I dont even know if I will get it. If I get one in the scavenger hunt, well....I might as well keep it.....

forkup

Reaction score
I'll never buy an android device until it's rooted.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the X. I don't understand the point of this thread though. Some people like the X, some don't. Same for the Incredible, Evo, Droid, Eris, iPhone, etc. The great thing about Android is we have many different choices of hardware.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I think that if you already have any of the Android phones that have been released in the past 8 months there's no truly compelling reason to get the Droid X.

HOWEVER, if you have a Droid Eris, G1, HTC Hero, iPhone or any other phone that either runs at a less than 1GHZ or can't be OC'd to 1GHz or more... You should be drooling.

Me? I'm holding onto my MotoDroid until the 2Ghz or dual-core phones start popping up!

macatk89

Reaction score
I can't wait... but that's because I've been using a Moto Q for the past 2 years. It's a great phone, but it's hardly the end-all,be-all in the cell phone game right now. I do like it a little better than the Evo, but the main reason for that is that Sprint absolutely sucks in my area, so it would be a worthless phone to own.

I am curious about one thing though... I don't understand how you OC a phone. Does it have to be rooted to OC or are there apps that can do that? If the old 600mHz OMAP could be OC'd to 1GHz, will the 1GHz OMAP be able to be OC'd to a higher speed as well?

wild1210

Reaction score
I'm with Dusty on getting a new phone
I think that if you already have any of the Android phones that have been released in the past 8 months there's no truly compelling reason to get the Droid X.

HOWEVER, if you have a Droid Eris, G1, HTC Hero, iPhone or any other phone that either runs at a less than 1GHZ or can't be OC'd to 1GHz or more... You should be drooling.

Me? I'm holding onto my MotoDroid until the 2Ghz or dual-core phones start popping up!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

karmajay

Reaction score
Slapping a bigger screen and the letter X on a Droid, and taking away my Physical Keyboard and Custom ROMs are not good selling points for me

I can see how people who root are not interested, etc.

For me, I am fine with the non-rooted experience and all the apps. The reason i initially bought the Droid was for the keyboard BUT the android screens are so big and the virtual keyboards (+swype) are so good that I hardly use my keyboard at all.

This means, for me, that the Droid X is a cool upgrade. My non-rooted Droid experience upgraded with a faster device and a bigger screen so I can actually use some of my data plan when 2.2 and flash come out!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just another phone.. I want this but i am not eligible for upgrade so i quit worrying about it.. waiting for something bigger better with a keyboard..

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth on this phone, I really don't know. Things I like; BIG screen, faster processor, and no keyboard(since I now know how moto sucks at keyboards). Things I don't like; the "blur overlay", you can't watch all of your media through the hdmi port, and I'm scared moto messed up on the camera/video recorder. There are other pros and cons for me, but these are the biggest.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slapping a bigger screen and the letter X on a Droid, and taking away my Physical Keyboard and Custom ROMs are not good selling points for me

I'll wait...MDP
and adding a faster processor and more ram and more internal storage and an fm radio and HDMI out and a better camera and less weight and even better battery life LOL

its not a Droid1 without a keyboard...