Always Revert Back To Beast

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Greaser, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Greaser

Greaser New Member

I don't know about anyone else, but since I have rooted, I've tried a plethora of different Roms, and noticed I always go back to Petes Beast Rom. I know that it is subject to opinion on what you like best and why, but it always seems that Beast runs the smoothest and most "bug-free". I've tried:
    -Adamz
    -Blackdroid
    -Beast
    -DroidMod
    -Cyanogen
    And they all seem to run reasonably well (I'm not taking anything away from any of them), but I've noticed the little things, like every once in a while (with another Rom) I would notice things slowing down, getting choppy, thinking it's going to "force close" something or restart by itself, and never had those type of issues with Beast.
    Wondering if I am the only one that feels like this?
  2. Riddick

Riddick New Member

What problems did you have with Cyanogen?
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I find that even the beast will get choppy if I try to many Roms out by just doing updates. I now try to do a wipe/install if I think I might like the rom. Like you though, I find pete's to be the most reliable go to for me. I am running Ultimate right now and have tried Cyanogen. I really like bits and pieces from every one and when I leave a certain one, I miss the piece. Cyanogen has the new launcher running like silk. I like blackdroids over all look and both have other options that I like.
  4. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

For me, I lost my led controls and my phone actually got out of whack. When holding down the top button, it would show my phone was in silent mode when it was not. When I put it in silent mode, it said I was in sound mode. As mentioned, all led notifications just stopped. I did not load anything new during this. I even wiped and reinstalled again and got the same thing. It does not start out like that, but gets to this point after a while. I may give it a shot again because I did like it, but I just need this to not happen.
  5. Greaser

Greaser New Member

The last one I tried was Cyanogen, and I liked it, but it seemed like it had less freedom, and the 3d app tray still seemed to be a little glitchy still, every now and then the icon was off-center to the text, not a biggie by any means. The big thing that I noticed is that it seemed like it took longer to get in and out of over-clock profiles.
  6. coupon

coupon New Member

I feel the same way as you. BB /w chevy kernel has been as stable as stock for me. I really like the features in Cyanogen but I don't think its quite there yet in terms of fixing bugs and being stable. I will definitely be keeping up with the developments and will try out newer versions.
  7. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

i havent tried any other ROMs but thats because i never felt the need to. BB is all i need. it does what i need and is rock solid. plus i can pick and choose themes from others to create the look i want :D
  8. korp

korp New Member

I prefer beast as well .... running v0.8 (2.1 rom) right now.
  9. cvondra

cvondra New Member

I prefer to stick with a fairly basic solid ROM like BB. Pete doesn't put out junk. Chevy's Kernels are sick fast and run wicked cool. From there I'll ad my own goods. I prefer to make my own customizations.
  10. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Interesting thread.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I really like AdamZ smoked glass but had some bad experiences with other aspects.
    I really like Cyanogen for other reasons, but replacing SPRecovery wasn't something I was willing to do until I saw others had it running bug free. That obviously wasn't the case so I am back on BB 0.6.

Funny that I keep from upgrading to 0.8 thinking that any day now 0.9 or 1.0 will surface. Just don't have time for the hassle at the moment so I will stick with 0.6 until I see a compelling reason to do otherwise.

But yeah, I always seem to go back to BB.