Always check your bill (rant)

YellowTwo

Reaction score
This month my VZW bill was higher than expected so I double-checked my bill online. I had called customer service earlier in the month to have my texting upgraded and backdated, so on my bill it showed the $20 for the new text plan, but only $1.45 refund for the old $15 plan (which was only the remaining 2-days-worth). I should have gotten a $15 refund.

So I called VZW and asked why and to get a refund. I got a young guy with an attitude (which, in my experience, is the norm) who insisted that I was wrong and that I was only supposed to get $3.55 refund. We argued for like 5 minutes about it and finally I gave up and said, "alright so I'm getting $3.55 then?" He responded saying he would look into why it said $1.45 because he didn't get it. In the meantime I'm like I KNOW I'm right...

So anyway he comes back saying "alright it should be $13.55 refund". Lol.

I don't know if it was because I activated a new phone or what but VZW automatic billing software (or however they do it) is ****ed up. Always check your bill!

mjs31

Reaction score
This month my VZW bill was higher than expected so I double-checked my bill online. I had called customer service earlier in the month to have my texting upgraded and backdated, so on my bill it showed the $20 for the new text plan, but only $1.45 refund for the old $15 plan (which was only the remaining 2-days-worth). I should have gotten a $15 refund.

So I called VZW and asked why and to get a refund. I got a young guy with an attitude (which, in my experience, is the norm) who insisted that I was wrong and that I was only supposed to get $3.55 refund. We argued for like 5 minutes about it and finally I gave up and said, "alright so I'm getting $3.55 then?" He responded saying he would look into why it said $1.45 because he didn't get it. In the meantime I'm like I KNOW I'm right...

I don't know if it was because I activated a new phone or what but VZW automatic billing software (or however they do it) is ****ed up. Always check your bill!

Couple of things. I recommend signing up for your online account and using the verizon tool to check your plan out. It looks at what your account has used for texts, calls etc for the past bills and sees if the plan you have is best for you. I did it 2 times and it said I did not need the plan I had. Both combined changes lowered my monthly bill for my 3 phones by $70.

Otherwise, my bill never changes so I know exactly what I pay each month. That being said, they send me an email prior to deducting my bill so that I know what they are taking.

OP
Y

YellowTwo

Reaction score
Couple of things. I recommend signing up for your online account and using the verizon tool to check your plan out. It looks at what your account has used for texts, calls etc for the past bills and sees if the plan you have is best for you. I did it 2 times and it said I did not need the plan I had. Both combined changes lowered my monthly bill for my 3 phones by $70.

Otherwise, my bill never changes so I know exactly what I pay each month. That being said, they send me an email prior to deducting my bill so that I know what they are taking.

I use the online account website primarily. The reason I called to have my text plan upgraded was because I couldn't find any option online allowing me to backdate.

jpeter1093

Reaction score
I've looked online for the site you mentioned where it recommends the plan that's best for you but was unable to find it(and I recall others here couldn't find it either). Can you provide more details on where to find it within the Verizonwireless.com site?

hughesjr

Reaction score

$1.45, $3.55, or $15.00 ... none of those are really worth spending a long time on the phone with Verizon IMHO :D

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loved the guys back in the day who would call up to have their bill deducted for dial up service because it was down for three days straight.

So I tell 'em I would credit them the $1.99, and they complain at that.

So I do the math for them: $19.99 / 30 (or 31, depending) * days out.

Gee, what do the cheapies expect? :icon_ devil:

Scribble

Reaction score
I loved the guys back in the day who would call up to have their bill deducted for dial up service because it was down for three days straight.

So I tell 'em I would credit them the $1.99, and they complain at that.

So I do the math for them: $19.99 / 30 (or 31, depending) * days out.

Gee, what do the cheapies expect? :icon_ devil:

Funny thing is if I sent them a 1.99 check they would send me to collections- even if my excuse was I only used it for 3 days...

I assume they expected the service they paid for. ;)

obrien714

Reaction score
where is the tool to check your plan online

Couple of things. I recommend signing up for your online account and using the verizon tool to check your plan out.

i cant find out where you check your plan. any help

garradkiss

Reaction score
Good Advice when getting ripped

consumerist.com
I have had so many problems with my verizon service/droid/bill/reseller that I almost dropped out before my 30 days was up. Thru some digging I got a hold of some email addresses for corporate heads of Customer Service at Verizon. My advice to anyone is dont take any crap from the level 1 people. Call them when you have an issue so you can say you tried. Then shoot an email to the corporate person in charge of CS in your region. I ended up getting a free droid replacement and 100 dollar gift card for my trouble.

bpad10

Reaction score
I've noticed competence in math is not required for some of these positions :icon_eek:

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Download the MyVerizon App from the Market. Keep track of your bill easy from your phone.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;zN9LZ3ojnxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9LZ3ojnxY]YouTube - Verizon Math Fail[/video]

robbo323

Reaction score
I've looked online for the site you mentioned where it recommends the plan that's best for you but was unable to find it(and I recall others here couldn't find it either). Can you provide more details on where to find it within the Verizonwireless.com site?
Bump. I've searched all over their site and never been able to find it either. Anyone?