Alternatives to Pro Zoom Camera?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i was using Vignette for awhile. it used to be great. now it sucks!!! EVERY pic i take looks like an exposed negative. i'm looking for the same answer. i hate the stock camera but at least it takes a decent pic in the daytime (takes FOREVER but at least it takes one)

toddegreene

Reaction score
I've been using Camera Pro and have been satisfied with it. At least for me, the camera has been the Droid's one big disappointment.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Todd,
Every experience a shutter that doesn't respond to touching the screen or pressing the shutter? That's my biggest issue with Pro Zoom Camera. I only experience this when I am taking a handful of pictures a few minutes apart.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Never had that problem. I tried Pro Zoom Camera, but liked Camera Pro better. It was a preference thing, rather than functional.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Todd - I thought we were referring to the same app.

Cool - I'll check out Camera Pro!

Reaction score
I always thought that Camera ZOOM FX was a good alternative to the stock camera, but I haven't used Pro Zoom Camera to know what it's like in order to compare. Camera ZOOM FX has occasionally crashed on me in the past, but that hasn't happened with newer versions. It's relatively fast and takes good pictures, but again I'd have to try Pro Zoom Camera to know how it compares.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
After doing some quick research, Vignette seems to be highest rated app in the camera app arena.

iPirate

Reaction score
i was using Vignette for awhile. it used to be great. now it sucks!!! EVERY pic i take looks like an exposed negative. i'm looking for the same answer. i hate the stock camera but at least it takes a decent pic in the daytime (takes FOREVER but at least it takes one)
The speed increase is because of the size of the image. if you want to increase the speed lower it to 3MP

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I purchased Vignette - so far it seems to be in a different league than Pro Zoom. Nice full-screen image when shooting, background storage processing.

Plus, the shutter seems to work.
=)