1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Alternative to Shadow Rom please?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Squadalah_man, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man New Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Shadow Rom went kaput and its the best rom I have tried and have used it for months now :( I will miss it so much but it is time to move on I suppose. If you have ever used shadow rom then you can understand what I mean here. I need a rom that is as good or better than shadow rom with all its features and is as stable and fast. Its a long order I know, but can I get a sugestion and God help me I will not use MIUI (no offense) I have the D1 its a year old and still going strong with shadow rom 2.2 and a P3 kernal standard voltage 250-1100 as far as I know this is the fastest most stable setup.

Please recomend a good rom to me that is from AOSP source, otherwise I'm sticking with my lovely shadow for now on her death bed. *sniff*

Squadala we are off!
  2. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What happened to the team?

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"
  3. pdc419

pdc419 Member

I would go with project elite 4.1 or liquid if you like lots of options and speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man New Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    I will look into those, do they have advanced app moving features like shadow like moving stuff to and from the system? Also my #1 priority is stability.

Squadala we are off!
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Project Elite 4.1 has apps2sd. I also like Sapphire 2.0.2 but I do not know if it has apps2sd.
  6. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

both PE 4.1 and LFY have the ability to remove certain apps from system. PE (and maybe LFY, i can't remember) also has menu choices that allow you to update system apps without having to go thru the process of removing from system or deleting, rebooting, and installing updated app. They are both very stable and fast (on my particular phone, they happened to run better than Shadow).
  7. jev

jev Member

CyanogenMod 6.1.2 and Ultimate Droid 2.5 if you want a ROM that's very close to Shadow. Both ShadowRom and UD are based off of Cyanogen so they are very similar. UD has more themes available and Cyan has the stock look. You can't go wrong with either.
Search tags for this page

droid 3 alternative rom