Alternative to GDocs Notepad w/ sync?

gprichardson1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using GDocs Notepad with sync since I got my Droid. It's nice to have notes on my phone that I can sync with a folder in my gmail docs. However, IMHO there are some things lacking with the app, so I emailed the developer to see if he ever plans to update the app. I got a response that he/they will no longer be working on the app. Bummer.

So, knowing that, I'm wondering if there's another app similar to this one that can sync with Google docs out on the Market? If so, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks!

-Gary

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I click on the actual google Tasks & docs web pages, have bookmarked them, and made an icon for them on my homepage. It syncs along with the rest of my google stuff.

OP
G

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I just tried accessing Google docs via my phone's browser. I can see the docs but couldn't find a way to edit them. Plus, this doesn't give you the ability to do any offline editing of the files from your phone (and then sync them later).

OP
G

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't do some searching before posting. There's an app simply called GDocs that allows editing/syncing of text docs between your phone and Google Docs. It's also nice to see that it's actively being developed. I guess I'll give this app a try.

bryant_16

Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm using GDocs too. Good enough for my usage which is simple editing of personal notes.

OP
G

gprichardson1

Reaction score
Does Note Everything sync with Google Docs? I don't see it listed on the dev's website.