alternative to car charger?

M

Matth3w

My CTSV has a six speed and the fifth gear and especially reverse smack my hand off of anything that plugs into the adapter. I could probably have a stereo shop wire it into another location, but....

barbee

Reaction score
as far as i know theres not really any good alternatives. i would suggest going to a shop and seeing if they could run an extension off your cig. lighter to another location.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
It's definitely an easy job (depending on how involved the dash removal process is) to add an alternate lighter socket. However, I believe the easiest and cheapest solution would be to not go through the gears so fast! :icon_ banana: Though, I can't say I blame you!

edit: in all seriousness, I would swing by a car audio shop (not Best Buy or any other big box store) and have them give you a quote. I can't believe it would be more the $75...and since they're in there, tell them you want (2) extra outlets.

Last edited:

crspang

Reaction score
It'd be very easy to do your self. The parts wouldn't cost more than $20. Just stop by your local auto parts store and they'll practically do it for you.

ctsv510

Reaction score
My CTSV has a six speed and the fifth gear and especially reverse smack my hand off of anything that plugs into the adapter. I could probably have a stereo shop wire it into another location, but....

I have a CTS-V too and I know what you mean...you do know there is another outlet on the backside of the center console, right? Also, a short shifter will help ...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
A new socket is pretty easy with an Add-A-Fuse. My S2000's socket is in a ridiculous location (power cord ends up draped across the passenger cabin) so I installed a secondary one myself. A shop can certainly take care of it for you if you're not the DIY type.