Alternative Navigator

VitalEcho

Reaction score
I'm looking into checking out some alternative navigators. Has anyone used a few of those available and have any opinions? The stock Navigator just seems like it's lacking in a lot of features. Where are my saved locations? 'Go to Home' button? Etc.

cromo8

Reaction score
if you longpress on you screen and select shortcuts you can add favorites/saved locations and a go to home as well

if you want an alternate navigator thats not as good

VZnavigator $10 per month

OP
V

VitalEcho

Reaction score
if you longpress on you screen and select shortcuts you can add favorites/saved locations and a go to home as well

if you want an alternate navigator thats not as good

VZnavigator $10 per month

But why can't I access favorite locations from inside the navigator? Or save my current location as a favorite? I swear I must be overlooking some sort of menu or something but I can't seem to find anything new when I play around with it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I made a folder on my home screen for location stuff. For example, as cromo mentioned, I made a shortcut called "Home" that navigates me home just by clicking it.

If you want more features...like speed or whatnot, I think you should be able to find apps on the market that'll do what you need.

But why can't I access favorite locations from inside the navigator? Or save my current location as a favorite? I swear I must be overlooking some sort of menu or something but I can't seem to find anything new when I play around with it.
Perhaps set up "Starred items". Long press the map until the address pops up. Click the address so a screen pops up where you can "star" the item. Then, that address will be accessible from Navigation's search screen.

Last edited:
OP
V

VitalEcho

Reaction score
I made a folder on my home screen for location stuff. For example, as cromo mentioned, I made a shortcut called "Home" that navigates me home just by clicking it.

If you want more features...like speed or whatnot, I think you should be able to find apps on the market that'll do what you need.

:/ Thats a disapointment. I'd really like to not have to use up home screen space for functionality that should be included in the app. Theres no way to set favorite locations without making shortcuts for them?

Perhaps set up "Starred items".

How so?

cromo8

Reaction score
liek aminaked said you can star places/locations like adding favorite contacts

i have a folder like aminaked, to most places i need to go, i work for VZW and Tmo and when i need to travel to other locations in my district i have the navigation to that store already set

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to go back and edit my post. I just figured out how to do this myself. Long-press the map, click the address, star the item.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had to go back and edit my post. I just figured out how to do this myself. Long-press the map, click the address, star the item.

OP I feel your pain coming from a stand alone GPS, but most of the "pain" is not understanding how to make this app work for you. The above works for me.

pyro6128

Reaction score
star items to save them. Its actually very easy.

Now if you want to have labels for different locations, check out google maps address book. It should do what you need. Also check out nav launcher. Its about 1/3 of the size of google maps address book, and has most of the same functionality. However, its not quite as aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited: