1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

alternate unroot_update.zip file

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by axiomnj, Mar 30, 2010.

1. axiomnj

axiomnj New Member

hey guys I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I recently rooted so I could run smoked glass. I created a nandroid backup for what my phone was before I switched over to smoked glass. I've since used the backup so I'm running 2.0.1 but I'm still rooted. I'm looking to use the unroot_update.zip file to unroot my phone, however, the link that has been provided(forums,youtube,google searches) has been having bandwith issues the last few days and I can't seem to locate this file elsewhere.

The link provided is: http://rootyourdroid.info/files/unroot_update.zip

Does anyone have an alternate location I can grab this from?

Turns out rooting wasn't my thing so this is my first and hopefully my last post.
    Thank you for the time guys.
  2. axiomnj

axiomnj New Member

Bump. ..
  3. voydas

voydas New Member

I have 2.0.1 stock, no root or busy, stock almost out of the box if thats what you're looking for... doesnt sound like it though but this will revert you to basically first turning your phone on. If you're going to do it you're going to lose nandroid btw.. select advancdd restore choose the rom and make sure everything is *'d. then you can also get 2.1 OTA update the regular way.

you will lose root and nandroid and everything associated with those

its a nandroid backup

http://voyda.org/droid/2.0.1-stock-no-root-no-busybox-no-sholes-v4-BCDMRS-20100115-0421.zip

kind of ironic sprecovery uninstalls itself.
  4. voydas

voydas New Member

Uploading the file now, btw... it should be: 67.4 MB on disk (67,412,121 bytes)

Should be fully uploaded now.
  5. Cortez

Cortez New Member

did it. went back to stock...except now that I am at stock when I try to install an app it says it failed? what is going on?
  6. axiomnj

axiomnj New Member

Thank you so much...now just out of curiousity will I lose saved data? For example I have a voice recording app (recordroid). And how about contacts? Thanks again
  7. Cortez

Cortez New Member

dont know why market crashed but I just went through the recovery again and wiped all data back to factory and now it works again...if anyone else has the issue just do a reboot into the recovery menu (Power + X) and select wipe cache, the select wipe back to factory and it will work again.
  8. voydas

voydas New Member

I suggest wiping everything twice when changing roms.. seems to make things a bit more snappier.

Just to let everyone know I downloaded this nandroid a long time ago, cant offer any support for any problems. You will lose root, wifi tethering, overclocking, sprecovery, contact, everything. You will get your contacts back when you first log back in to Google.
Search tags for this page
download file unroot- update.zip
download unroot update.zip
download unroot-update.zip
download unroot.zip droid
download update unroot.zip(
download update-unroot.zip
free download unroot update.zip
ø¯ø§ù†ù„ùˆø¯ unroot update.zip

unroot update.zip

unroot update.zip download
unroot update.zip droid