Alternate TXT Message App OTHER than Handcent

D4rkShaDoWz

Reaction score
Hey guys! :greendroid:

I'm in need of another text messaging app that is not Handcent. I've tried it before and wasn't a fan of their layout and other settings. I wanted to know if any other apps were out there with similar functionality to the stock app. Thanks! dancedroid

2guys1droid

Reaction score
hey. Dont want to seem like a super handcent advocate, but if you want an app like the stock messenger that isnt the stock messenger it is possible to use handcent and customize it to look like the stock messenger.. its somewhere on this forum i'd just search "make handcent look like stock" and if you really are against using handcent at all I appologize for this

dclutter1

Reaction score
You can try chompsms. It and handcent are the main ones as far as I know.

I prefer handcent myself. What did you not like about it? There's not much you can't make it do

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

missrachel

Reaction score
IMO, ChompSMS is *WAY* better than Handcent. It's alot simpler to use. Handcent is way too convoluted and complicated... you can customize just as in ChompSMS. My favorite feature is having text bubbles (they are alot cleaner looking than in Handcent). ChompSMS overall has a nicer, cleaner look and feel to it. Try it, you won't be disappointed!!! /cheerleader (LOL) dancedroid

RMDVRACER

Reaction score
Might want to try SMS Popup. I didn't really want to change the stock messaging app either, but I liked the popup feature of Handcent and chomp. SMS Popup gives you that without really changing anything else.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I use stock with SMSpopup as well to get the notifications.

All I need is to send and receive messages and pics, it works fine for that, don't need flash on top of it IMO.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
no FLASH ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND :shocked:

just kidding, to each their own