Alternate soft keyboard

mbd4524

Reaction score
So far I have not been able to get any soft keyboard other than the basic one the pro comes with to work in landscape mode. Anybody figure this out yet?

Sent from my DROID PRO

semya

Reaction score
True! I don't get it either. Chatted with smart keyboard, the logs didn't help. And no way to add other languages to the native keyboard found! Extremely disappointed. Posted at Motorola forums. No reply ):

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

askovro1

Reaction score
Soft keyboard - none working on Droid Pro

I, too have had no success with any of the multitude of soft keyboard options out there. They all install, and I have the options to turn them on and select them as input method, but the soft keyboards just never show up.

The one I just tried was Utlra and it may have given me a clue - it said that it couldn't bring up the soft keyboard while the physical keyboard was active. Since the Pro doesn't have a way of disabling the physical keyboard, perhaps all the soft keyboards are misinterpreting this and assuming they shouldn't show the soft keyboard. Don't know if there's any solution to that...

...Alex

semya

Reaction score
I, too have had no success with any of the multitude of soft keyboard options out there. They all install, and I have the options to turn them on and select them as input method, but the soft keyboards just never show up.

The one I just tried was Utlra and it may have given me a clue - it said that it couldn't bring up the soft keyboard while the physical keyboard was active. Since the Pro doesn't have a way of disabling the physical keyboard, perhaps all the soft keyboards are misinterpreting this and assuming they shouldn't show the soft keyboard. Don't know if there's any solution to that...

...Alex

Sounds absolutely logical. I'll email Cyril from Smart Keyboard, may be there's a way to ignore that? ... at least for droid pro. really PRO? :)

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
Have you heard back from anybody yet?

Sent from my DROID PRO

semya

Reaction score
not yet, unfortunately, and the bad thing is: motorola ignores this as well.

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
not yet, unfortunately, and the bad thing is: Motorola ignores this as well.

I had actually called Motorola prior to purchasing the phone in order to confirm that I would be able to add a foreign language soft keyboard.
They said of course, all our android phones can have the soft keyboard replaced.

semya

Reaction score
not yet, unfortunately, and the bad thing is: Motorola ignores this as well.

I had actually called Motorola prior to purchasing the phone in order to confirm that I would be able to add a foreign language soft keyboard.
They said of course, all our android phones can have the soft keyboard replaced.

but that doesn't help us actually ):