Alright techies, I've got a challenge for you...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would test some of the theories for you as well but I'm in the middle of something and can't muster up the desire to screw my Bionic up on purpose to test things...lol...
Anyways, I think installing BustyBox again might be worth a shot to gain root just long enough to run the script to delete SuperUser... I gather you've used Bootstrap? to get into ClockworkMod recovery?, if not, there is a terminal script written by a member at XDA that would work ... let me know if you'd like to try or did try...

Busybox you mean?

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I wish I could just install Bustybox....

But Mbk, I've never actually FULLY understood what bootstrap even is, sadly enough. I am very interested in trying this though, as long as it won't brick the phone, in which case I'd have no choice but to pay a $100 insurance claim.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Busybox you mean?

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

Hahahahahaha,,,seems my mind was in the gutter...sorry...:frown::p

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wish I could just install Bustybox....

But Mbk, I've never actually FULLY understood what bootstrap even is, sadly enough. I am very interested in trying this though, as long as it won't brick the phone, in which case I'd have no choice but to pay a $100 insurance claim.

First things first though... try installing BusyBox...lol...and see if that re-establishes root

EDIT: try using JRummy's Busybox installer app from the market...free

Last edited:
OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I did, no luck.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
without regaining root that might be the final straw... because you can't even use adb to push the su file into system/bin if that was needed as well... the no USB port really is a crappy situation huh?... Sorry bro, you might just have to send it back with Superuser on it and act as if you don't know what the hell that was or how the hell it got onto your Bionic...lol....

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Admittedly with Busybox the issue was that it COULDN'T install. I downloaded it from the market, then when I tried to do the actual install through the app it kept popping up a message saying it didn't have proper access and would then close the installer when i x'ed out of the box.

But that's pretty much what I was expecting. Can't say I didn't try though, thanks for everybody's help.

And believe you me, if I get charged $500 I am definitely coming back and making a thread about it!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol... VZW better not charge you for that weird app called SuperUser that mysteriously appeared in your app drawer (lol :D), otherwise they will not hear the end of it from the Android community here...:lifting:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Admittedly with Busybox the issue was that it COULDN'T install. I downloaded it from the market, then when I tried to do the actual install through the app it kept popping up a message saying it didn't have proper access and would then close the installer when i x'ed out of the box.

But that's pretty much what I was expecting. Can't say I didn't try though, thanks for everybody's help.

And believe you me, if I get charged $500 I am definitely coming back and making a thread about it!

If it helps bro...When you send it back, all you will have is an app. They cannot and will not be able to do anything. Many many countless people whom do not root dl that app not knowing what it is. You'll be no different. You are not rooted. Your running the stock firmware. And as long as no water damage and or physical damage isn't present your golden...I hope you find some comfort. This will be over soon and you'll eventually have a new device and this will be in the past. You surely gave it a try. No worries! Peace!

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Zepplin76

Reaction score
just tried to solve this...

I just re installed Bionic bootstrap and flashed that zip.. lost su... tried root checker.. no root.. flashed motofail... have root back.. hope it works for you..

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
And I can do all of this without having to plug in to the computer?

Zepplin76

Reaction score
think you should have no problem

And I can do all of this without having to plug in to the computer?

Doing the stuff I did to lose root yes.. the getting it back needs a pc but that's not needed for what you want. I think you can do all the stuff in motofail in terminal emulator if files are copied over to sdcard and the run.bat is manually typed in step by step if someone in the future reads this but I didn't try it though there is no reason it wouldn't/ shouldn't work.

Use Bionicbootstrap NOT SAFESTRAP. Just tried safestrap and unless you want a lot of extra work/steps it's not worth even trying.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But he needs root access to run terminal...if he could run Terminal now he could just run a script to delete SuperUser and he'd be done...He might as well just send the Biuonic back as is... I doubt VZW will be peterheads about it...and I don't mean peter :blink: