alright I thinking im ready to root. But question?

resopdroid

Reaction score
well I want to root my phone I've looked into it but not sure which one to choose z4root unrevoked?

also I havent been really able to find anything on it but what are something to know about a rooted phone.

like the does and don't Ive read something about not updating while rooted or itll brick. these are the things im looking for.

thanks

timrock

Reaction score
before you do anything, perform a backup.

use z4root, its the easiest method. once rooted, backup your phone again, using boostrap recovery. save this backup (and the previous) to your pc. save multiple copies if you can, just be safe. After that, you can experiment with themes and roms.

not sure about updating while rooted, ive heard different things. but you can easily unroot your phone and then update, i believe. But the forums here is a good place to come to when you need help.

OP
R

resopdroid

Reaction score
what back up app do most use? I'm only really worried about my contacts

timrock

Reaction score
i have: mybackup pro, titanium backup and bootstrap recovery. boostrap will backup the entires phone. mybackup pro also backs up the whole phone (if rooted), titanium backup will backup your data, settings and apps, but wont restore your screens to the way you had them, thats what i've heard.

timrock

Reaction score
if you use Backup Assistant, no need to worry about your contacts, they can be resynced.

xliderider

Reaction score
Rooting the phone doesn't really mess up your getting any OTA updates. The problems come in when people start removing the bloatware apps from the system file. If you don't want bloatware on your device, you should either use Titanium Backup Pro's Freeze function or rename the bloatware .apk files to .bak instead. that way it is easy to unfreeze or rename apps back to .apk prior to accepting an OTA update.

Of course, if you make a full backup using your alternate recovery (Clockwork Mod in Bootstrapper) immediately after rooting and installing Bootstrapper, then you can just do a Restore back to that to get you back to stock before the update.