1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Alright guys, All those that know what they are doing...help me out

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mmaibl2011, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mmaibl2011

mmaibl2011 New Member

Alright im currently running windows 7 ultimate on my computer. I recently upgraded to a Motorola Droid. I would like to have the wireless tethering by simply pressing a button on the phone to activate/deactivate it. I am, however, unsure of what to do to make this happen. For those of you that are pro's with this, I would greatly appreciate it if you could write step by step instructions for an idiot using windows. (Instructions seem to use linux to alter the root.)

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
  2. bL33d

bL33d New Member

u got pm ;)
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Can't help you with tethering, but you absolutely need to root your phone. Instructions can be found on this site.

Also, be aware that tethering directly violates Verizon's TOS.

Best of luck.

Search on how to root your phone. The best thread to read is the one that's titled "This is what root means. Stop asking" or something like that.
  4. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

OK....here's what you do. You need to close your eyes and click your heels three times and say, "there's nothing like getting things handed to me on a silver platter," three times. Open your eyes and then you'll realize what you want is an aircard from a cell phone company, not a smartphone.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but what your asking for is going to take several programs and a lot of steps, not to mention some know-how and a some experience. And, in the end, will more than likely not leave you being able to press "one button" to get it to work.

That being said, take a look around, there are many threads about tethering and it might pay to do some homework, so that if someone does give you suggestions, you'll know what they are talking about.
  5. Jonny Kansas

:icon_ poke::soapbox::r_c::rofl3::icon_ owned::rockon::popcorn::clap::work3::eek:

[And that's all I have to say about that.]
  6. nickfro

nickfro New Member

Agreed.

The OP needs to do a simple search on the board, look for images w/ built-in tethering apps (Smoked Glass 3.1 comes to mind), and follow the instructions there.

I :heart: people who just ask instead of searching. It's like when people ask a trivial question that a simple Google search would solve... There's a NSFW website about that, now that I think about it... :icon_ devil:
  7. Jonny Kansas

Haha! I forget what thread it was, but I posted a comment that someone else really enjoyed...

"You've got a Google phone, Google it."

[I DID help him out with the issue, but I totally agree that a simple search is the best way to start...and easiest way to get info you need. You can search and have a chance of finding an answer right away, or you can create a post and hope that someone has the patience to answer the question for the millionth time...Luckily, I work with the elderly and am accustomed to repeating myself.] :icon_ devil: