Alright Bionic owners, fixes may be on the way!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The majority of those are minor nitpicks that probably only affect a small number of people and matter to even less.

There are a couple big ones on there, don't get me wrong. The 4G/3G connectivty definitely gives me pause, especially after all the delays supposedly because of 4G and then look at the Xoom.

I'm going to have to see how the Prime and a few others do 4G.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
I'm not convinced it's a hardware thing. Maybe going back to SBF and re-installing some apps will fix things.. I love my bionic. If it doesn't fix it. I'll have to use one of my family members upgrade plan and get a Nexus or S Galaxy

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
That is so very odd that half the phones only work with Motorola specific USB and the other half don't. Mine charges if plugged into the computer, but there is absolutely no way to connect. I tried 5 plugs, 2 of which are Motorola, and they are the only two that work. I wonder why this is, especially since that list says it's intended. So technically, the people who CAN use any cable are the one's with messed up phones :p

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
The one issue I am having is whether using Dolphin Mini, the default browser, or the official Facebook for Android app, is almost every-time I go to make a status update the screen freezes sometimes requiring a soft off or battery pull.. when it does work, the keyboard doesn't always come up and sometimes it won't show the letters i'm typing... not even a cache clear will help...

I don't think it's a hardware issue. I hope not because today, Oct. 1st is my last day to return for a refund.

Well I don't have this issue at all, so I'd try either a factory reset or uninstall/reinstall both of those apps if you haven't. Maybe even try a different browser. I hate to return a phone for something silly like this, IMO if the phone does what you need then you're good to go. Sadly they'll have random issues like this, but this is definitely not normal so I'm sure there's a fix somehow.

Icculus760

Reaction score
...when using a vzw car charger while listening to music & navigating, the charger couldn't keep up with the phone. I was losing power while it was charging.

you are not alone. did some nav driving while plugged in (BIONIC battery in the status bar had the charging symbol showing fine) and when I unplugged it, my battery was lower than it was when I started nav driving. horrible.

RVC

Reaction score
Sounds like my Thunderbolt.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I've noticed the 3G problem but other than that my phone has been kicking ass and taking names! Glad to know more bugs will be removed, hopefully I wont lose root with this update! :)

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Well I don't have this issue at all, so I'd try either a factory reset or uninstall/reinstall both of those apps if you haven't. Maybe even try a different browser. I hate to return a phone for something silly like this, IMO if the phone does what you need then you're good to go. Sadly they'll have random issues like this, but this is definitely not normal so I'm sure there's a fix somehow.

It might be a combination of apps that I have causing this or just a file starting to corrupt from a bad memory block on the SIM or SD card ???

broosewee

Reaction score
The honeymoon is over. Starting to feel the pain of these bugs pile up.

Camera is weak. Still pictures are in focus maybe 20% of the time. Useless without a 3rd party app, then it's just a compromise. I don't see a 'fix' for this in the bug list, unless I missed it.
Random reboots.
3G/4G is touchy. I thought I left the OG Droid workarounds when I got this phone. Airplane mode again? Not good.
The phone requires a high output to actually charge the battery. Car charger barely keeps up with bluetooth and nav. USB charging takes forever.
Popping, static-y noise with the headphones drives me insane.

I'm seriously considering returning it, or selling it if I can't.

Overland1

Reaction score
I installed the Moto driver on my various PC's and have no problems charging from a cheap "CyberPower" USB cable and a regular USB cable connected to "real" USB ports. I doubt connecting to a USB hub would work reliably... those things are the devil.

Palmyra

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the amps being used by 3rd party chargers. But, on the other hand, when using a vzw car charger while listening to music & navigating, the charger couldn't keep up with the phone. I was losing power while it was charging.

This is not unique to the Bionic, my OG D1 did the same thing. Also had a slow drain on the OGs battery if I had the screen on while listening to Slacker or Pandora will driving and charging.

Grievous

Reaction score
I'm totally confused about the bug with Touchdown not working....
Sure there could be an incompatibility, but the line:

Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless.

Shouldn't the resolution be for Nitrodesk to fix it?
This one could be a show stopper for me, as I use that program for my work email.

I'm in the same boat...

I've been running Touchdown just fine on my Bionic since the day I got it on 9/10.
Not a single glitch.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight... This phone comes out half a year late, and they still couldn't get it even close to right? Seriously?

These companies are so damned stupid. They are so concerned with getting something out to market that they will put any beta level device out there and charge top dollar for it. By the time they get the phone fixed and operating like it was supposed to work out of the box new, it will be about a month from being discontinued.

Do these companies even have a Quality Control department any more? How can a phone that took this long to develop have so many issues? Did anyone actually think to turn the phone on and test it in the real world before they started selling it?