Alpine and Pandora

Gillyfi

Reaction score
I have an Alpine 9886 with a usb port. Will the Droid X play Pandora through the USB? I connect the Droid to the receiver (the Droid shows they are connected) then the receiver says Searching and then says No Device Detected. The Media Share Folder that pops up says No SD Card detected. Will the USB only play songs downloaded on the phone, or can it play pandora and I am missing something?

Last edited:

EpicFail...D'OH

Reaction score
I use the headphone (AUX) in my kenwood deck to listen to pandora and etc. You can also make calls and it will play thru the radio.

I've tried playing it thru the USB and got the same thing youre getting. I'm not sure if your deck has and AUX port, but a 3.5 headphone to 3.5 headphone cord doesnt cost a lot.

Hope that helps

OP
G

Gillyfi

Reaction score
No Aux port. I might just bite the bullet ($) and install the bluetooth adaptor. Thanks, I guess the other 85 viewers have no clue...?

Unbreakable9

Reaction score
i have an alpine also...i cannot get it to work via the usb which is kind of a bummer...however before buying the bluetooth...unless you really want that feature of course....you may be able to just buy the auxillary cable which will give you an RCA input to the deck.

from there...just get an adapter to go from rca to mini (3.5mm) and into your phone. It'll be better quality music than bluetooth also

Steveo031986

Reaction score
When you hook up the usb, it will usually just search for music that's on the device you have hooked up. Generally an mp3, wav, and if your deck is awesome flac.