alphabetizing items in folder.. I DON'T WANT IT

Jonpwn

Reaction score
I have a folder on my home screen for "quick call"s. in the folder i have placed "direct dial" options to my most frequent contacts.
i put them in order of importance, and droid decides to alphabetize it, which i don't want.

it may sound nitpicky but can i turn this option off?

and my droid 1 is rooted if that helps

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have any folders like that but it would seem to me that you would long press on the folder and an option should come up.

Just a guess, hang in there if that doesn't work and bump the thread until someone give you an answer. You may want to Google the question.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What did you use to create the folder?

I know with FolderOrganizerLite you can choose how the items in the folder are organized

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
no options if i long press. i googled it but i didn't find anything. i guess i'm the only one who is irked by this lol

and i used the stock OS to create a folder, but i will have a look at folderorganizelite. thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's a way to change how the items in a folder are organized with the stock OS, but I know FolderOrganizer gives you an option.

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
"manual sort of items is available only in full version."

thanks though, any other ideas?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"manual sort of items is available only in full version."
I apologize!!!

I use the Lite version... and have seen the option in there organize manually, but since I didn't care they were alphabetical I never tried! :icon_eek:

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
no need to be sorry you definitely helped.
it's okay, for now i'll just live with it i guess..

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
haha a 1.35 solution. i'm too cheap to pay just for one function

Droids

Reaction score
I've always found that folder contents are stored by the order you added to it. Don't think I've seen it alphabetically sort the contents, but maybe it depends on the contents. Pretty sure the only work-around is folder organizer. I know there have been times I wanted to re-arrange the order and the only way was to remove and re-add the contents in the order I wanted. I agree this function should be built-in to the OS.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
haha a 1.35 solution. i'm too cheap to pay just for one function

Ahh, but there's so much more you can do with FolderOrganizer. You can theme the icons for the folders and apps. You can change the name of an app so it appears differently on the home-screen. You can backup and restore folder settings so you don't have to re-create the folder everytime something happens.

Besides, $1.35 is less than a 20oz soda. Just buy it - you'll be happy you did.

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
it would sort items in the way you put them in, and then after a few times of opening the folder i found that my contacts were alphabetized again.

lol i also installed ADW home and still spending time rearranging everything and getting used to it. After i'm done with ADW i'll see if I still want to buy folderorganizer