[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

bghiggins

Reaction score
Really like the ROM. Can't wait until the data is fixed so I can use it permanently. :happy3:

Kryptyk

Reaction score
Dumb looks for stupid questions: FREE

How is that a dumb question. As stated, I didn't read through the entire 59 pages of posts. SO......my questions still stands, are people just installing to see the layout of the rom or what? I don't think that my question should have gotten thrashed like that. Pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
How is that a dumb question. As stated, I didn't read through the entire 59 pages of posts. SO......my questions still stands, are people just installing to see the layout of the rom or what? I don't think that my question should have gotten thrashed like that. Pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

Yes, it's mostly just to test out and play with. If by some miracle you only use wifi, I guess you could use it as your daily, but even then...

Quada

Reaction score
Is anyone able to get data on the latest build? I tried quite a few things but I still can't get 3g or 4g.

lilhill

Reaction score
It seems Dhacker29 has gotten data working for those with 902 and maybe 901, so I'm trying to update from 5.5.983 to 902, but I'm having an issue.

I get the same error during install of the 902 zip in stock recovery as Skidoo03 in the last post of the page in this thread: Bionic 5.9.902 Update Is Out - RootzWiki - Page 12

I understand that my framework-res.apk is not stock, but I don't know how to restore it to stock. I had used Bionic Toolbox to change my battery meter, but changed that meter back to stock. Unfortunately I still get the error.

Is there a simple way to make my framework-res.apk stock for 5.5.893?

Thanks!

Quada

Reaction score
It seems Dhacker29 has gotten data working for those with 902 and maybe 901, so I'm trying to update from 5.5.983 to 902, but I'm having an issue.

I get the same error during install of the 902 zip in stock recovery as Skidoo03 in the last post of the page in this thread: Bionic 5.9.902 Update Is Out - RootzWiki - Page 12

I understand that my framework-res.apk is not stock, but I don't know how to restore it to stock. I had used Bionic Toolbox to change my battery meter, but changed that meter back to stock. Unfortunately I still get the error.

Is there a simple way to make my framework-res.apk stock for 5.5.893?

Thanks!

You have to basically flash a new system.img file. I don't think you can do this with xml, but you can do it with FXZ but that didn't work for me. What I did was I went here... [GUIDE] How To Receive OTAs Again If You Are On A Leak ***Proven Working Method*** - xda-developers ... followed all of the steps to flash system.img in AP fastboot mode, I updated to 893, updated to 901, and then updated to 902. All of these files can be found on various forums and you can even go directly from 893 to 902 if you find that file. After doing all of this I still kept root.

A word of warning though, I tried everything to get data, but I'm still not having any luck. There is no market and I can't install apps. This ROM isn't for the feint hearted LOL

mikespe

Reaction score
Looks like dhacker finally got it!!!! 4g is now working on ICS!!!! Check his twitter page for info & links...I think he wants to make sure before releasing it here...so I won't post the link yet...

I'm waiting to find out if anyone is using this rom ouside of safestrap

Quada

Reaction score
Looks like dhacker finally got it!!!! 4g is now working on ICS!!!! Check his twitter page for info & links...I think he wants to make sure before releasing it here...so I won't post the link yet...

I'm waiting to find out if anyone is using this rom ouside of safestrap

How did you get data? I reflashed twice and I still don't get 3g/4g

Quada

Reaction score
I finally got data LOL. It only took 3 reflashes but 4g is confirmed working

NickSaul

Reaction score
I've only heard that 4g is working here, is it safe to say that 3g is working as well?

BraddahBoi808

Reaction score
I've also been seeing problems with safestrap being installed on the new 902... whats the exact way to flash this newer ics build with 4g?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Awesome DHacker! Looking forward to 4G, gonna fire this up. I think he's only got the camera to conquer now, can't think of anything else. Thanks!