Ally turns off by it's self while texting?

Grimgard

Reaction score
My sons Droid LG Ally has been turning off while he is using it. The battery has at least 50% chrage on it and it will go to a black screen with the words DROID then shut off. You can turn it back on just fine but it's only a matter of time before it happens again. He also told me it will happen when he is trying to text his friends. Is there a setting he messed with? or maybe reasigned a button to turn off his phone? Thanks.

Tvox08

Reaction score
I've personally used a long line of LG phones, including the chocolate, voyager, enV, enV3, enV touch, and others.. They ALL encountered this problem eventually, some earlier than others. I took them all into the Verizon store many, many times, and would receive one of three responses:

1) We can't reproduce the issue so there's nothing we can do.
2) Here's a firmware upgrade (that would never fix the issue).
3) Here's a new phone.

Needless to say, I am no longer an LG customer. I don't know about others' experiences, but I am of the persuasion that this is a brand-wide issue that, if your son's experiencing it still, has yet to be resolved. You can take it to the store and see what they say, but unfortunately I don't know if you'll be able to fix that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App