ALLY and Rom Man.

collinjm01

Reaction score
does rom manager work for an already rooted LG Ally? I rooted my gfs ally and want to put a custom rom on it. + how does a custom rom work with the ally if it does support it? can i put any custom rom on it?

i.joshua2584

Reaction score
Rom manager worked fine on my rooted Ally. I use Velocity rom. Its speedy to me and has good features. If you install it....for me my home buttom didn't work just have to do factory reset and it worked for me. Google Velocity Rom download, goodluck. Oh the possibilities with rootint :)

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
I havent used Rom manager yet, but after rooting her phone last night, she called me this morning saying she cant recieve any texts and application keep foce closing. First id like to find a fix on that... she doesnt have many apps and she cleared her Cache on the browser and deleted all messaging threads. (also how do you do a factory reset on the ally? Just so i know...) Now, where can i get a good, stable ROM for the ally. (Or does ROM Man have one...whats it called if so.) Thanks
-mike

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Rom manager is the best app for running a rooted phone...

Use the free one in the market. After installing click the top bar to flash clockwork mod it takes a few mins. I too run velocity... not a whole lot of differences but runs faster and removes all the crap we all don't use. If ya got any questions or need help pm me

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Okay so its been awhile since I posted thay previous post. I got it rooted and downloaded setcpu and oc iit to 600mhz, max. When I go into rom man on her phone it says error occured loading rom. It won't let me open velocity... any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I had the same problems. I used z4 to root. Flashed clockwork mod n couldn't get velocity rom from rom manager. I downloaded v3 by searchin the internet for it. U need two files to be set in ur /sdcard/root/ to b able to flash the rom.

Flash_image - small file about 70kb
recovery-RA_GNM_1.13.img - about 4mb

U can google them too... I still had a prob gettin the boot page to come up. Here's how I did it.

After u find and download the rom (about 100mb) name it somethin to easily remember. Kno where it is.

Backup ur current rom. Phone resets in this. I couldn get the rom flash to load. I went to rom manager, click download rom, extras ( check advanced in settings) and used the eclair froyo one.

Don't wipe cache or reset data (leave both boxes unchecked) phone will reset then ur boot screen should work... mine did that way.

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)