Alltel Milestone Android 2.2 ?

Go Dawgs

Reaction score
dancedroidI just got an Alltel Milestone about a month ago. And I found out that it want get Android 2.2 Update but I am not sure about that. But I would like to put it on it. Can anybody help me with this or have any info on the update. dancedroid

hoppermi

Reaction score
Your Alltel milestone is just a rebranded Droid. You can install any Droid ROM including stock 2.2. However, you must not flash a droid SBF as this will change your baseband (radio file) and your phone may no longer work on Alltel network.

Steps

1. Root your phone w/ z4root from XDA (google search)
2. Install ROM Manager(market)
3. Download APN Backup(market) and backup your APN (this will allow you to restore these alltel specific files to your new ROM.
4. Use ROM Manager to flash Clockworkmod recovery. (you may have to do this several times to get it to stick)
5. Verify that you have clockworkmod recovery by power off then hold x while power on, should say clockworkmod recovery. reboot.
6. Find ROM that you want. put on root of SD Card (not in any folder).
7. Use ROM Manager to Install ROM from SD Card. Select ROM. Select delete data and cache and backup current rom.RM will do the rest.
8. Download APN Backup again, and restore the APN backup you made in step 3
9. Enjoy your new ROM.

I suggest you do alot of reading before doing any of this so you are comfortable with what you are doing. Read up on Rooting, Recovery, there are also a few threads about the alltell milestone you should check out. Search for them.
As far as I know there is no SBF file released for your phone so it will be impossible to return to stock, w/o going to tech support.

OP
Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs

Reaction score
Thanks I am new to this but I will try it

Sent from my A854 using DroidForums App