Allow me to bore you with my upgrade story.

xliderider

Reaction score
If you're impatient (like me), go with the Droid X - it's big, it's fast and it's here. You can always play games and add another line to take advantage of the "Super Phone" whenever that finally puts in an appearance. You could also pick up a Droid Incredible. That's a fine, fast phone that's fully rootable, and has some cool roms and themes available. I got an early Dinc, so I have the AMOLED screen, which is a mixed blessing/curse: gorgeous display, that drains the battery. The ones shipping now, I'm told, have the same kind of LCD display as the Motorola Droids.

My two cents worth...

-Mike

I would get the Fascinate over the Incredible. Better screen, better battery performance, better gpu, better processor, better reception. Just better.

As for Fascinate vs. X, that's a close one. ;)

tmal2

Reaction score
You can always play games and add another line.

-Mike

Mike, I understand how easy it is to add another line to get the new phone but don't you still have to pay for the data package on the original plus the new phone? $60 a month just for data is kind of pricey.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the time I've been with this forum it's always "wait for (enter phone name here). And you know what? When that phone comes out it's Wait for (enter an imaginary phone here).

Point is if you sit on your hands waiting for the "next great phone" you'll never get one. Trust me this Super phone will be followed by the Super duper phone. There is no way to catch up and be on top.

Just find a phone that you like now and go for it. Or you can wait for the next updated phone. Then the one after that…..etc….

Detonation

Reaction score
In the time I've been with this forum it's always "wait for (enter phone name here). And you know what? When that phone comes out it's Wait for (enter an imaginary phone here).

Point is if you sit on your hands waiting for the "next great phone" you'll never get one. Trust me this Super phone will be followed by the Super duper phone. There is no way to catch up and be on top.

Just find a phone that you like now and go for it. Or you can wait for the next updated phone. Then the one after that…..etc….

I agree that when buying technology, you just have to put your foot down and make a purchase or you will be waiting for ever. However, now would be a poor time to do that. IMO the DX or Fascinate are not a huge upgrade to the original droid, not worth being tied down for another 1-2 years at least. The supposed super phone coming out, however, sounds like it is taking that next big step and would be a worthy upgrade.

Then again I've never been the person to immediately use my NE2 upgrade anyways. Verizon does not like it when you're not on a contract and just paying month to month, so it gives you good bargaining power when you eventually do upgrade.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
If your phone's starting to freak out upgrade. If there's nothing wrong with it definitely wait, insanely nice phones are gonna start coming out

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ricks

Reaction score
You can always play games and add another line.

-Mike

Mike, I understand how easy it is to add another line to get the new phone but don't you still have to pay for the data package on the original plus the new phone? $60 a month just for data is kind of pricey.

You can add another line and you could just terminate the data on your original phone. You dont have to keep the data plan, you just have to keep the line open for the 9.99 a month plan. So you only have to pay for one data and 2 lines. I hope you understand what I am saying. I have researched this to be true.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Will 4G be available in all states?

Eventually.

You can add another line and you could just terminate the data on your original phone. You dont have to keep the data plan, you just have to keep the line open for the 9.99 a month plan. So you only have to pay for one data and 2 lines. I hope you understand what I am saying. I have researched this to be true.

Actually, every new contract stipulates at least six months of data package to keep the subsidized line, and if you're not already on a family plan the minimum plan is $69.99 for 700 minutes, plus the $10 for the second line.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I agree u cant wait forever, but this is Oct 1, Dec is sooo near...

I would wait just to have more choices. Just be strong and decide that u will get something in Dec or early next year, no matter what new phone u hear about in the mean time.